PDA

View Full Version : Weird Finds!

danhughes
03-03-2011, 11:39 AM
Sure, anyone can find coins and rings. But what are some of your stranger finds? What have you found that totally boggles your mind?

Most every treasure hunter has an assortment of uncategorizable odds and ends, often accompanied by good stories. I talk about some of mine in my latest podcast.

Listen at http://thetreasurecorner.com.

---Dan Hughes

Tony Two-Cent
03-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Hello, neighbor! I enjoyed the podcast! I will have to listen to the others as well. I lived in Urbana for a short time in the 1990's and in Champaign from 1996-2005. I live in Monticello, IL now.

Congrats on the civil war belt buckle in your own yard! That IS weird! The weirdest thing I've ever dug up while metal detecting was probably a live tree frog that was hibernating underground. Fortunately, I did not harm the frog with my digging knife.

I have found a lot of weird things over the years, but one that comes to mind is this advertising token. On the obverse it says, HEADS I WIN, Cascarets always win, Best for the bowels. And on the reverse it says, TAILS YOU LOSE, All going out, nothing coming in. and it has a cherub sitting on the pot!

Now that's weird! (And kind of disgusting!)

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb174/dubbl-t/Cascarets.jpg

russellt
03-04-2011, 07:07 PM
found a lawn mower one time . but at the time i was sitting on it drinking beer

danhughes
03-04-2011, 07:09 PM

LOTS of beer, it sounds like.

Carver
03-04-2011, 07:31 PM
Probably the weirdest for me ,,,I found an Eagle Breast plate in my Father in laws yard......I'm in Iowa,,,,,not exactly a hotbed for Civil War relics,, but I do find a few now and then :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

BOWSER
03-05-2011, 06:21 PM
gee,i drove mine over a stone wall and i dropped my beer, i got a nickle for the can,that was still in good shape..