PDA

View Full Version : 10 times ATP= silver

Dimeman
03-03-2011, 03:37 PM
10th hunt with AT Pro and dug silver

Went to a bottlecap infested park this morning in a section of town built in the late 1800's. Lots of 1920's-1940's small houses in the area that are still standing, with many new 2 story homes being built all around them.

The park was aquired by the city in 1949 but lost some ground when a major freeways expansion cut through some of the park. A few of the natural shallow gulleys still are in the park area, with some fill dirt, and some of the trees are large enough to provide nice shade. Some you can even see the roots where NO fill has been dropped at the base.

I took the AT Pro to a small area where I had searched with my M6 and 3 different size coils trying to get every signal from a 2:blackeye:20 foot section. I had gridded the area at least 3 times each, with the small, the medium and then the large coil. There still was some deep rusty bottlecaps, some clad coins, 2 wheat cents and a Barber quarter, that was just out of range of the other detector.

The AT Pro still amazes me with the depth it sees coins next to trash signals. I have been digging deeper coins within a few inches of shallower trash targets and it will read all the targets very precisely. Been going to areas I had covered with my other detectors and have been digging coins that they missed.........either that............or I just didn't get my coil over the exact spot where the coins were at.

I changed batteries before todays search, because of 1 bar of battery life left. From what I have read on forums, I could have used it some more, but I wanted a fresh set in for the 10th hunt.

I have a total of 32 hours of searching use on the AT Pro. ....I'm still learning it. :yes:

Carver
03-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Man Robbie,,,,you just can't argue with the success you are having with that Pro!!! WTG on the Barber!!!

randy
03-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Sweet barber, congrats :clapping:

Ill Digger
03-04-2011, 12:47 AM
You describing that old tree, in an old park, thats infested with old rusty bottle caps sure does sound familiar. :rolleyes: :yes: :mad:
I've had my eye on one that fits that description to a T !! I'm not giving up on it yet! I'm hoping to pull a couple of masked silvers outta there yet!
You give me hope that it can be done Robbie!! |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:) Now give me the patience to deal with them !! :mad: :bangahead01: :bangahead01: lol
Sweet find!!
Congrats !! :grin:

Dimeman
03-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Man Robbie,,,,you just can't argue with the success you are having with that Pro!!! WTG on the Barber!!!

If you read other forums ( just by chance if you're surfing the web ;) ) you will see lots of others getting similar results with the AT Pro.
I need to go back to all the areas that I searched before with my other detectors,...cause I know I can get more goodies that are still hiding in those locations.

SeabeeRon
03-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Thanks Robbie, posts like this give me encouragement to keep at it!! :yes:

Dimeman
03-04-2011, 04:05 PM
You describing that old tree, in an old park, thats infested with old rusty bottle caps sure does sound familiar. :rolleyes: :yes: :mad:
I've had my eye on one that fits that description to a T !! I'm not giving up on it yet! I'm hoping to pull a couple of masked silvers outta there yet!
You give me hope that it can be done Robbie!! |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:) Now give me the patience to deal with them !! :mad: :bangahead01: :bangahead01: lol
Sweet find!!
Congrats !! :grin:

Nobody likes digging pulltab after pulltab after pulltab or bottlecaps.......but if you are in an area that has had older coins found you can bet those trash items are hiding the deeper coins. thumbsup01
In one park, I searched next to a tree and got a mixed signal --jumped around and not a steady VDI. Since I had gotten a few silver coins from the park already, I dug it anyway, and out came a rusty bottlecap. :(
Rechecking the hole a half signal showed up. Dug 3 more inches and got a WL half from the same hole--just deeper. At least one good thing came of that----nobody will detect and leave that rusty bottle cap anymore. :tongue:

RWJR13
03-04-2011, 06:30 PM
....Those results are great........Really good to hear.....