PDA

View Full Version : how bad have you got it ?

russellt
03-04-2011, 07:49 PM
my wife and i went to some friends house a couple of days ago . it was about 30 minutes down the road.. after we got there . i realized the whole way there i was scoping out places to detect.. when we pulled up she said you sure have been quite, is there anything wrong . i said yea,,, businesses can stop selling no trespassing signs . she said . are you alright ?
yep i am a detectorists and i am an addict :poke: happydance02 happydance02 :happydance01: <:

Lowjiber
03-04-2011, 08:32 PM
lol There's no 12-step program for it either.

Toadman
03-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Josing BIG TIME here.. so close, yet so far.. stupid snow.. Rain supposedly on the way ... 'again'
My woman likes me to drive faster.. but that aint happening.. too much to scope.. happydance02 happydance02

Napa Steve
03-04-2011, 09:41 PM
I know what you mean Russ, sometimes I get into the zone while driving with the wife, pretty much I just listen to some key words from her just incase she says are you listening to me, you can't go wrong with sayings like (I think your right) or (nobody says it better than that dear) :daydream:

whammy
03-04-2011, 09:44 PM
I know exactly what your talkin about. I do that all the time, and now my wife points out places she thinks that I need to check out. :daydream:

zrickkid
03-05-2011, 12:04 AM
Im always on the look out myself and have about 10 places I want to hit. This is a great hobby and im glad I hooked myself into it. :angelic:

Ill Digger
03-05-2011, 02:19 AM
I know exactly what your talkin about. I do that all the time, and now my wife points out places she thinks that I need to check out. :daydream:
lol thumbsup01 Mine too. Even the boys will say Dad look at that place!! You need to hit that place! It's just screaming silver! lol 8/ rofl
Yeah I'm a little :crazy: :crazy: about this hobby :twirlingeyes: :drool:

wingmaster
03-05-2011, 05:58 AM
lol There's no 12-step program for it either.
Yes there is a 12-step program, I'm always saying just 12 more steps till I hit that good one then I can go. Of course this goes on till dark before I leave usually, I really hate to leave knowing just a few more steps I could have missed something really nice even though there's always another day when I can come back.

JTGOLD
03-05-2011, 02:11 PM
that 12 step always turns into a hundred and 12 steps for me 8/ 8/ 8/

odave
03-05-2011, 03:29 PM
You're not alone :beerbuddy: thumbsup01

Evan/tn
03-08-2011, 08:37 AM
When i drive by a good looking spot i say to myself BEEEEP!!! rofl
If we didn't then we wouldn't be good detectorists :yes:

exsquid
03-16-2011, 09:02 AM
My wife has said more than once....does every place we go have to somehow be tied back to detecting...? My answer is only if it has some dirt to detect around... rofl

Cannot help it.... I am hopelessly lost in the desire to be detecting any/every chance I get.

thumbsup01

Cheap Thrills
03-16-2011, 02:56 PM
It's gotten so bad I won't go anywhere without a detector in the car . The harder it get's to find good spots to hunt around here the more bizarre my behavior gets .Any piece of dirt I can get to I swoop down on it like a bird seeking a worm . My head is always swiveling around like a gun on a tank turret .Seems like every other detectorist I know around here is the same way .

M-Taliesin
03-16-2011, 03:36 PM
Howdy Folks!
My problem is so many places to hunt, and so little time.
We have a wonderland of places to check, but working for a living gets in the way of enjoying the hobby.
Maybe what I need is retirement or something.
Then I'd have a chance to really get after it.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin