PDA

View Full Version : 2 hrs. of Chips

Cheap Thrills
03-04-2011, 10:29 PM
Hit the neighborhood park wood chips with the M6 for a couple of hrs. of fun today . I managed to snag a 925 ring with a few small stones left in it , a silver earring, $2.02 and some other common playground finds .The weather was
nice . 8)

Epi-hunter
03-04-2011, 10:35 PM
Congrats on the silver! I have yet to get out and find some this year. Thanks for sharing! Excellent woodchip finds; :cheering: I do that often with my daughter but have very little luck. :-\

CyberSage
03-04-2011, 10:36 PM
Sheik,
Silver treasure from the desolate land of wood chips. This is wonderful news. Bobbles for your harem. lol Thanks for sharing your hunt buddy.

Jack

Evan/tn
03-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Way to go pulling some silver from the chips :clapping:
Great way to spend the day thumbsup01

Ill Digger
03-04-2011, 11:44 PM
Nice clad total!
The ring and earring almost look like they match :dontknow:
Sweet silver finds!! We'll take it how we can get it ! thumbsup01
Congrats !! :grin:

zrickkid
03-04-2011, 11:55 PM
Nice stuff! :angelic:

mike l
03-05-2011, 12:25 AM
It's always nice to pull out a silver ring :beerbuddy:

Salty Dog
03-05-2011, 08:33 AM
Congrats..Any hunt that ends with a ring is a great one :clapping: :clapping:

odave
03-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Good hunt and congrats on the Silver and Clad thumbsup01

exsquid
03-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Love finding the silver jewelry. WTG!! its always amazing what you can find on the tot lots..

Carver
03-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Really nice finds <: <:

russellt
03-05-2011, 06:59 PM
thats a great 2 hour hunt .. nice finds

Ill Digger
03-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Please your Shiekness |:confused:)
Could you please grant me some of your all knowing wisdom? :daydream: |:confused:) lol
I'm seeing so many nice pieces of jewelry here on the forum. I'm curious what type of reading were you getting from the earring? Penny/dime, quarter, or lower? :dontknow: I know different types and shapes and material will give different readings. I've been pounding these soccer fields like some of the other members have and I'm striking out left & right :rolleyes: :confused: I'm pretty much digging everything anyways but I'm just curious :huh:

rsarge1
03-05-2011, 08:32 PM
congrats on the Silver and Clad http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/Smileys/SoLoSMiLeYS1/afro.gif

Cheap Thrills
03-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Please your Shiekness |:confused:)
Could you please grant me some of your all knowing wisdom? :daydream: |:confused:) lol
I'm seeing so many nice pieces of jewelry here on the forum. I'm curious what type of reading were you getting from the earring? Penny/dime, quarter, or lower? :dontknow: I know different types and shapes and material will give different readings. I've been pounding these soccer fields like some of the other members have and I'm striking out left & right :rolleyes: :confused: I'm pretty much digging everything anyways but I'm just curious :huh:

All knowing wisdom .........me ? <} Man, you sure dialed the wrong number . rofl In the tan barks and on the beach I pretty much dig everything also . That earring was about 5deep where the chips where packed in the soil below and not far from the metallic base of a plastic slide . It wasn't so much the
number reading as the sound it made it sounded like a zinc penny but way less raspy and I believe the reading was zinc 62 and yet just a little while ago when I layed the earring on top of some bare ground in my back yard I got consistent 42 tab/ring readings and it sounded nowhere near the sound it made on the original dig . :thinkingabout: The ring read the same with that same test as the original dig going from dime81/quarter82 . I was using the 6x10 DD coil .I did not include all the different size and shaped pieces of foil that I dug on that hunt in the pictures either .I'm living proof that if you dig enough crap you will eventually find something good .Most of my jewelry over the years has been found in tot lots .
I'm not doing well at all pulling silver coinage out of the dirt lately ( my first love) , not one silver coin for this year yet and only one wheat . I have a feeling that if I ever find a gold coin it's probably going to be on a chain at the beach or a tot lot , that's ok I'll take it .Sorry I couldn't be of much help . Just keep swinging that coil you'll find some good stuff . thumbsup01

PL8MAN
03-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Great finds , sweet ring :beerbuddy:

Ill Digger
03-06-2011, 01:33 AM
Sorry I couldn't be of much help . Just keep swinging that coil you'll find some good stuff . thumbsup01

No.... thumbsup01 Thats exactly what I wanted to know! :yes:
I was wondering if that earring , even thou it's made of silver, would ring up lower than a dime or penny/dime reading. And I figured it might since it has all those little pieces and wire :thinkingabout: I'm going to a pretty big suburban soccer field and I want to know what to look for. I'm going to be out of my realm. Since I primarily hunt old houses. And now my suspicions were confirmed.....dig everything and sort out the goods as you go!! rofl lol
Thanks :grin: I didn't mean to hijack your thread :embarrassed:

Cheap Thrills
03-06-2011, 02:04 AM
You didn't hijack my thread no apologies needed . Glad you got the info you were seeking out of it . thumbsup01

giant056
03-06-2011, 02:52 AM
Congrats on the silver [thumbsup01