PDA

View Full Version : ATP First Use

Effie Mae
03-05-2011, 11:43 AM
My new ATP arrived on Thursday. Went into the front yard & hunted about 10 min. before I was on to my next adventure (looking at cars for our daughter). In the limited time, I found several pennies & two bottle caps. Quickly learned how to find a coin and leave the trash behind. The bottle caps were the first two finds. Friday after work, I went to the park to learn a bit more about the machine. The park is a trashy area to hunt in but decided to give it a go. I only looked for 30 min. and found 3 dimes and 6 pennies. I looked in an area hunted earlier by Dave & Tana, & went right behind Dave and found coins he missed with using a standard GTI 2500 coil. I don't like hunting coins so after feeling very confident in STD mode I gave up. Now I am anxiously awaiting good hunting weather to head out to our CW site and learn more about the ATP. Hillbilly Dave used the ATP earlier that day and stated he was impressed.

jkress
03-05-2011, 11:49 AM
Nice! Congrats on the new machine. :clapping:
Good luck at the CW site. Looking forward to your report.
From everything I have heard so far about the AT, it sounds like a very impressive detector. :yes:

RWJR13
03-05-2011, 06:23 PM
<:......Congrats on your new detector......

midas
03-06-2011, 08:30 AM
Received my AT Pro from our forum sponsor RWJR13 a couple weeks ago. Unlike the rest of the country, New England is still socked in with 18 inches of snow pack on the ground. Can't wait til the thaw to get out and use it. Robert is a great guy and anyone considering a Garrett should give him a call. He will treat you right! Good luck on your finds Effie Mae.

Dimeman
03-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Effie Mae and Midas, you are going to be diggin deeper coins and relics-------- so you better have a good digging tool. :omg: :omg: :omg: