PDA

View Full Version : wooo hooo got to detect

del
03-05-2011, 09:44 PM
well Coinnut and i finnally got to go out and detect today happydance02 :happydance01: <: , it was a much needed adventure to get rid of the cabin fever mentality :crazy: :twirlingeyes: :crazy: . it was our first hunt since December 26th and with the weather cooperating (low50's) we headed out to some new cellar sites we scouted late last year but there was still about a foot of snow on the ground when we arrived. :hairpulling: :girlcry: we actually tried to detect 8/ lol lol but instead looked like a couple of clueless dorks wandering around in the snow aimlessly lol rofl lol so the G-man had an idea and made a decision :shocked04: :omg: to go out of town (great call buddy thumbsup01 ) .

hers a few shots of the area
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/del1786/2011/Gssnakesite1.jpg

alot less snow cover and the ground was like soft butter :cheering:
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/del1786/2011/kneebucklesiteoldroad1.jpg
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/del1786/2011/depressionarea1.jpg

Coinnut wasn't there long and i see him dig a target and then hold something in his hands and starts heading toward me :beatdown: :beatdown: (oh boy here we go what you got now) :huh:
George's first find of 2011
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/del1786/2011/Gsfirstfindof2011.jpg

a small lethargic looking ribbon snake :shocked04: :shocked04:stretcher: lol lol
hey George what did that read on the ol' detector lol rofl rofl
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/del1786/2011/Coinnutandhislittlebuddy.jpg

heres some items
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/del1786/2011/somerelics.jpg

dirty complete knee buckle
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/del1786/2011/completekneebuckle.jpg

the goods were 4 wheaties (1918,1919,1925,1926) 1 lincoln '72 penny , an old pocket knife ,a 1922 dogtag , part of a crotal bell and a very nice knee buckle , and a horse tack rivet
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/del1786/2011/March5thfinds1.jpg

dogtag
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/del1786/2011/dogtag1922.jpg

cleaned up buckle
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/del1786/2011/completekneebucklecleaned1.jpg

had a great time and really wasn't expecting much just wanted to get out and swing the coil and get some exercise , next weekend should be much better . thanks for looking .

Dan

BOWSER
03-05-2011, 09:54 PM
wow am i jealous congrats guys

jkress
03-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Congrats on getting out you two. <: <: <:
I know the both of you have been itching pretty bad. Feels good to scratch that one, doesn't it?
Nice bunch of finds for the hunt. :clapping: Love the buckle. :loveit:

zrickkid
03-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Great stuff guys! Must have been nice to get out. <:

Ill Digger
03-06-2011, 12:33 AM
Didn't that first whiff of fresh dug black dirt smell like heaven :daydream: :smitten: lol
Good to see you boys get out and get some dirt under your nails and get some fresh air!! :yes: thumbsup01
Whats the Sweet Orr thingy ?
Thats a cool old knee buckle!!
Congrats !!

Cheap Thrills
03-06-2011, 12:55 AM
Glad to see you got to get out . Great pictures and some cool finds . thumbsup01 8)

catskillcomics
03-06-2011, 06:17 AM
congrats guys on being able to get out.. I was going to head out myself yesterday but instead, helped some friends collect sap and make maple syrup.. Maybe this week I'll finally be able to head out.

Epi-hunter
03-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Hey Dan, I'll bet it felt good to get out. You really do have too much snow there still :confused: Give it a couple of weeks tops and it will be melted. :) Glad George was able to find time to get out as well.

Civil War Nut
03-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Nice finds Del. Love them hills, I could set up tent & live there. The SEET ORR thing if you find out what it is I would like to know. I found one at Fort Hill last year. H.H.

del
03-06-2011, 01:05 PM
wow am i jealous congrats guys

don't be jealous just get your butt out there Jim ;)

Congrats on getting out you two. <: <: <:
I know the both of you have been itching pretty bad. Feels good to scratch that one, doesn't it?
Nice bunch of finds for the hunt. :clapping: Love the buckle. :loveit:

Joe i can't express it enough , how good it felt to dig some nice tones :smitten:

Great stuff guys! Must have been nice to get out. <:

thanks Zriickkid :grin:

Didn't that first whiff of fresh dug black dirt smell like heaven :daydream: :smitten: lol
Good to see you boys get out and get some dirt under your nails and get some fresh air!! :yes: thumbsup01
Whats the Sweet Orr thingy ?
Thats a cool old knee buckle!!
Congrats !!

yes the fresh smell of the dirt was good for the soul :yes: i love digging up those complete colonial buckles :loveit: :loveit:

Glad to see you got to get out . Great pictures and some cool finds . thumbsup01 8)

thanks Sheik

congrats guys on being able to get out.. I was going to head out myself yesterday but instead, helped some friends collect sap and make maple syrup.. Maybe this week I'll finally be able to head out.

hey Scott its nice to see ya on the forum again , thanks buddy.

Hey Dan, I'll bet it felt good to get out. You really do have too much snow there still :confused: Give it a couple of weeks tops and it will be melted. :) Glad George was able to find time to get out as well.

yes we're going to plan atleast one or two more trips down that way until our usual area is melted . we'll be better prepared with more sites to hit next weekend and i expect better results . George had a loaner machine as his is still in the shop but both machines seemed to be really running very stable . i'm sure he'll be on to show jis stuff .

thanks .

Nice finds Del. Love them hills, I could set up tent & live there. The SEET ORR thing if you find out what it is I would like to know. I found one at Fort Hill last year. H.H.

thanks CWN , i'm not entirely sure what that is but i'm thinking its the top to a rivet button or similar.

Dirt Fisher
03-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Nice bunch of finds. I'll bet you were just tickled pink jus to get out. I'd say you can't wait for warmer weather. Good hunting.

sniffy
03-06-2011, 04:27 PM
That KNEE BUCKLE... :drool:....Dave and I got out today to a couple sites...didn't find much but snow.

mike l
03-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Del, good to see you and Coin nut got out. That first hunt after a long winter is great. Looks like some prime hunting grounds (large coppers!) <:

coinnut
03-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Hey nice knee buckle buddy :clapping: Sometimes getting out of town is a good thing. I finally had some time to clean my finds and get some bad pictures of them. lol Also cleaned up that muddy E Trac that I borrowed until mine gets back. Can't give it the same rough treatment mine gets though rofl One things for sure is I dug a lot of junk targets being as it was the first hunt of the year and I was just happy that the ground was not ice :happydance01: Got a couple of keepers and had a great stressless day out. Got my first silver of the year in the form of some stamped silver boarders. Not sure what they originally went on, but they are sterling :peace: Hoping for some good weather next week too.

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-06-2011, 07:11 PM
NICE HUNT GUYS! very nice knee buckle Dano! ready to post my 2 measley buttons rofl

Toadman
03-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Awesome knee buckle !!!! :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01:

Looks like the sterling parts may be from a change purse, or a pocketbook..

Awesome day in the sun guys !! happydance02 happydance02 happydance02 happydance02 happydance02 happydance02

tanacat
03-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Yay- I've been missing me some cellar huntin' w/ George and Dan lol Glad you got to finally get out of your man caves :clapping:

Love the buckle Dan! :loveit: What's a date range on that one??

Wow George you got a lot of odds-n-ends! Silver is silver.... thumbsup01

RobW
03-07-2011, 11:53 AM
Wow, I'm impressed u got out! Congrats on the finds. I'm assuming the ground wasn't too frozen?

del
03-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Yay- I've been missing me some cellar huntin' w/ George and Dan lol Glad you got to finally get out of your man caves :clapping:

Love the buckle Dan! :loveit: What's a date range on that one??

Wow George you got a lot of odds-n-ends! Silver is silver.... thumbsup01

thanks , Tana i can tell you one thing we missed some cellar hunting W/George and Dan alot more lol lol
the Knee or breeches buckle is probably around 1760's to 1780's

Wow, I'm impressed u got out! Congrats on the finds. I'm assuming the ground wasn't too frozen?

not frozen at all Rob , so when you going out with us :huh:

tanacat
03-07-2011, 01:23 PM

:shocked04:stretcher: :shocked04:stretcher: :shocked04:stretcher: wow...so cool to find things that old. I guess my oldest finds are buttons. 1820 LC is oldest coin (so far :yes:) lol

Carver
03-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Way cool finds Guys!!!!!!! Lovin that buckle for sure thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01

pulltabsteve
03-08-2011, 05:37 AM
Nice looking hunting grounds Dan. :happydance01: Love the stone wall. The knee buckle is a super find for sure :clapping: Im glad to see the 2 of you guys had a nice day out digging!

RobW
03-08-2011, 08:48 AM
thanks , Tana i can tell you one thing we missed some cellar hunting W/George and Dan alot more lol lol

not frozen at all Rob , so when you going out with us :huh:

You just name it and I'm there. Been hoping to meet up with the infamous &quot:grin:envious:L I've been reading bout you and hearing about you from George for a year now. Told the wife this morning that I'll probably be hitting the dirt this weekend.....oh the look on her face was priceless.

sandals
03-08-2011, 08:56 AM
sounds and looks like y'all had a blast!!!.....

CTDirtFisher
03-10-2011, 07:02 AM
Dan -n- George... Good times! I look forward to all of the colonial goodies you two unearth this year :-)

Paul

giant056
03-10-2011, 03:28 PM
Congrats on getting out and finding a good spot to hunt, great bunch of finds too, I like them old dog tags and the knee buckle is really cool.

KirkPA
03-11-2011, 10:27 AM
You scored on that beautiful knee buckle, Dan. :omg: :grin: rofl I am glad to see the CT Colonial posse hunting with the passion. :peace: <} You guys rock, so continue to swing with pride. thumbsup01

Kirk

wild willy
03-12-2011, 03:27 AM
don't be jealous just get your butt out there Jim ! ya sometimes jim needs a push del :beatdeadhorse: nice knee buckle. :clapping: willy

Evan/tn
03-12-2011, 11:03 AM
Sweet looking relics Dan i hope to find a cool buckle like that sometime,good to hear you can get out to hunt now :yes: