PDA

View Full Version : AT PRo Headphone adapter

cnr_dogs
03-06-2011, 12:27 PM
Seen on a few other forums that AT owners have modded their detector with an adapter that allows them to use headphones with a 1/4 jack instead of the water tight connection garrett put on the machine. I have also heard Garrett has come out with an adapter for the machine. Question is would their be any issues with having a splitter that has both connectors under the forearm rest on either side of the rod? a 1/4 and the garrett plug that would still function as water tight?

Dimeman
03-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Seen on a few other forums that AT owners have modded their detector with an adapter that allows them to use headphones with a 1/4 jack instead of the water tight connection garrett put on the machine. I have also heard Garrett has come out with an adapter for the machine. Question is would their be any issues with having a splitter that has both connectors under the forearm rest on either side of the rod? a 1/4 and the garrett plug that would still function as water tight?

From what I understand Garrett is supposed to come out with an adapter that you will be able to use any headphones with the AT Pro. It will connect to the watertight connection and have a lead that bolts under the arm with a 1/4 jack for any headphone. I think it will be about 40 bucks.

RWJR13
03-08-2011, 06:03 AM
.....They are supposed to be out soon...Waiting myself............

Templar
04-20-2011, 01:34 AM
I modded my own. I cut off the cord on the headphones, added a 1/4 female jack to it. Now I can plug in my Sunrays without modding them. Works great.
Templar