PDA

View Full Version : Native copper finds

steve in so az
03-06-2011, 10:37 PM
Have you all found any native copper pieces ? I have dug these in so Az over the last 30 years,plus the ring & bracelet.
Steve in so az

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj41/steveinsoaz/Displays/nativecopper.jpg

del
03-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Steve , with Arizona being one or the top producer of copper in the country i'm surprised you haven't found lots more . its pretty odd looking in its native form , congrats on them and the jewelry . :clapping: :clapping:

steve in so az
03-07-2011, 03:47 PM
You are right on that Del. And I can even see mountains in the distance that are being dug for copper from my front yard. Steve

coinnut
03-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Great looking copper. :shocked04: How about finding them silver ones too lol You are in a nice area for some raw material finds. Is the round one already smelted by someone?? Those are some super pieces and a good reminder that there are other treasures besides coins lol Makes for a great display. :beerbuddy:

steve in so az
03-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Coinut - The round one does look like a button from a casting or such. steve

RaZR
03-07-2011, 07:44 PM
I have some i found in the upper penninsula of Michigan. They actually have large piles of rock that was taken out of the mines and at the time it had so small an amount of copper in it they just piled it up. Now the county crushes it up and uses it on the two track roads in the state parks. You can find big pieces of copper that have been freed from the rocks by just detecting these roads. I have a bunch more in a bucket that has all turned black and some i haven't beaten the rest of the rock out of yet. I have a big hammer and a piece of railroad rail i beat the quartz out of it on. lol

steve in so az
03-07-2011, 07:47 PM
That's a neat sample. I like the copper pieces in it, steve

russellt
03-07-2011, 08:48 PM
:clapping: talk about old coppers rofl