PDA

View Full Version : Gold on Sunday!

M-Taliesin
03-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Howdy Folks!
I went out yesterday (Sunday) for a shorter hunt than usual.
My leg was feeling wore out and the weather wasn't as shpadoinkle as the news claimed it would be. While the temperature hit just around 50 degrees, the wind was brisk and the sky was overcast. However, I did manage to hang in long enough to nail down some gold!

Among things I found was a silvery necklace with a dragon pendant on it. Two rings, both cheapies, 2 keys, a button and other assorted kiddie type jewelry. Intersting find of the day was what appeared at first glance to be a James Monroe presidential dollar. It ain't a dollar and while it is the right size and weight, it has writing on the reverse telling the reader facts about his life and times. Nowhere on the coin does it claim to be a dollar coin, and lacks the usual phrases found on American currency. Best find of the day was a gold earring that tested out at 10k. Otherwise, it isn't marked that I can find.

I was swinging my MXT Pro. My V3I is at Sweet Home to be repaired or replaced. Carl at White's has determined there are problems with the machine and I await his decision on what they'll do to resolve the problem. I'm sure they'll take care of me in the long run!

Anyhow, my take on the day was:
13 Quarters = $3.25
12 Nickels = $0.60
12 Dimes = $1.20
36 Pennies = $0.36
Total = $5.41
Coin Count = 73 coins.

Thanks for Looking,
Blessings,
M-Taliesin

exsquid
03-07-2011, 04:58 PM
WTG Mel...

Looks like enough bling to keep the hunting interesting and when you get a piece of gold...well That's what its all about...

Nice clad total too. be interested in heariing how the V3i is doing when it comes back to ya. Hope it does everything your expectin'...I'm sure it will....

coinnut
03-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Congrats on the gold Mel :clapping: I'm not sure if that token is like the old ones from the 60's and 70's that were given out at gas stations like Shell. You could collect the whole series and of course buy their gas too lol 5o degrees sounds like a heat wave to me Mel :yes: I will be interested to know how much better the V3i works when you get it back. Good luck on it.

rsarge1
03-07-2011, 05:41 PM
nice looking hunt mel wtg

odave
03-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Nice hunt Mel !! Congrats on the Gold thumbsup01
Hope the V3i comes back brand new :yes:

jkress
03-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Another big congrats to you Mel. :clapping:

I always enjoy your posts. Gives me hope that there just might be a nice piece of gold hiding out there somewhere for me to find. :yes:

Very nice hunt sir. :clapping:

Ill Digger
03-07-2011, 11:22 PM
Nice haul Mel!!! Thats some serious change!!
And you gotta love that gold in any form !! thumbsup01
Congrats :grin:

russellt
03-08-2011, 06:41 PM
sunday money . cant beat it MT

CyberSage
03-08-2011, 07:31 PM
Way to go Mel! It's not taking you long to get back into the swing of things.

Evan/tn
03-09-2011, 12:36 AM
Nice score on the gold Mel!

M-Taliesin
03-09-2011, 05:24 PM
Way to go Mel! It's not taking you long to get back into the swing of things.

Howdy Jack!
It is taking much longer than I'd expected, and longer than I'd like.
Hopefully, that brand spanking new V3i will be here in time for the weekend.
I got word from Carl up in Sweet Home that they were issuing a replacement
for my old unit. It never did work the way it should, and he saw that when he
ran bench tests on it. Now I am finally going to have a properly working machine,
and I can't wait for the weekend to put that thing through its paces.

Still can't kneel on the ground, but that ain't hobbling me too much any longer.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

wingmaster
03-10-2011, 05:02 AM
Congrats on the gold.