PDA

View Full Version : Button & couple other things

RounderRick
03-07-2011, 10:51 PM
I went out awhile with the omega today to a spot where I found an old lock and found a couple more interesting things.
The eagle button on the back still has the shank and the readin says -CITY BUTTON WORKS - NEW YORK.
I did some searching and found this:

City Button Works were button manufacturers from 1875 through 1955 in New York and New Jersey. They were in New York and moved to New Jersey in 1923 until they sold out in 1955. This particular button is from City Works New York and therefore was probably made before 1923. Military buttons especially from WWI made by this company are about the only buttons on which their name appears as seen in the Collectors Encyclopedia of Buttons, making these buttons quite rare. It has a wire loop shank backing.

The large item I have no idea what it is it's kinda heavy for it's size like lead or something and has designs on both sides I haven't got it cleaned up enough to tell what it is yet.
The other is some kind of old hook best I can figure it's thick and have no idea what it was used for if somebody has seen one I would like to know.
Thanks for looking.

Ill Digger
03-07-2011, 11:47 PM
I like the button!! Thats cool!!
But whats the other round item ? You not knowing makes me want to know even more :drool: :confused: lol
It looks like it has some pretty intricate designs on it :confused:
Good luck IDing it.
Good finds!
Congrats :grin:

RounderRick
03-07-2011, 11:55 PM
yeah the other round thing has me puzzled to I don't know what to look for to do a search not having a clue to what it is.
Best I can tell looks like the same design on both sides and it's heavy for it's size and the color looks to be gray that why I'm thinking it might be lead.

russellt
03-08-2011, 06:52 PM
nice old button for sure.. the other looks like a retaining hook of some kind. where something could be hhung from it you know what i mean ..

RounderRick
03-09-2011, 04:34 PM
I tumbled them and got them looking some better so just posting hoping someone might be able to tell what the round thing is it's identical on both sides same design the other side is just a bit worse shape is all.
Also got a shot of the door knob that was in the area too.

Carver
03-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Cool stuff!!! That thing in the top right sure looks familiar,,,,,just can't place it :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: