PDA

View Full Version : Last Couple of Hunts with Pipster and Me!

M-Taliesin
03-10-2011, 11:34 AM
Howdy Folks!
Pipster and I decided to drive up to Brighton because I noticed a local park had what looked like tore up ground. That particular park was the fairgrounds back in the late 1800s and early 1900s. I was confident we'd find all manner of old coins and relics there. However, after hunting awhile, I got the suspicion that the mounds of dirt covering the site were dumped there and not the original grounds of the park that had been tore up.

Anyhow, Pipster found a real old toy car. I haven't seen a date on it or any other inscriptions inside the thing, but it still has dirt clogged up in it. I also found an old toy car, but it was newer than Pipster's find. Pipster found an old, badly rusted axe head, and I found a horse shoe that was equally rusty. I also found some flatware items, such as the spoon and knife seen in the photo below. I also found the bowl of a ladel that had broken from its handle. As for old coins, Pipster found a dime and penny that were both modern, and I found a couple of pennies that also were modern. So after an hour or so of hunting that site, heavily littered with trash, we decided to head down to Commerce City and hit a tot lot or two. He also found a crucifix that had been lost.

That's where I found some kiddie items, a whistle, and a bit of clad. Pipster also found some clad and a small adjustable wrench lost by some mulch munchkin!

Anyhow, he ended up with about $2.58 while I came in with $2.55. Pipster was swinging his V3i, and I was hunting with my MXT Pro!

On a hunt of a different sort, during a day of cold weather where we got just a little snow on the ground, Pipster bought 2 boxes of dimes and found a 1964 Rosie. I bought one box myself, and came away with 4 silver Rosies dated 1952, 1962, 1963 and 1964!

The first 5 photos are of Pipster's finds, the rest are mine.

Thanks for Looking,
Blessings,
M-Taliesin

marinedad
03-10-2011, 01:10 PM
mel, congrats on the diggins and the crh finds, i like that mulch munchkins description.