PDA

View Full Version : Nine dollars on number 11

Dimeman
03-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Spent 4 hours this morning, searching in 4 different park areas, looking for some older coins. I missed them this time, but did get a good amount of clad in the ground.

I thought I would have to dig to China to get one of the quarters as it showed 8 inches on the depth on the AT Pro. The signal on it was constant and a good tone.

Though, I did pick up a cheap football toe ring in a totlot, that is stamped, China on it.

Mostly I was using the Pro Mode today, trying to learn what the good and bad targets sound like. The Pro Mode-zero with the iron audio ON, and set on 30 is very busy noise, as it grunts on iron the coil goes over. There were many signals sounding off that you have to go slow just in case a high tone sneaks in there, by chance---and you sure don't want to miss it. The AT Pro will let you know of any target under the coil, no matter how fast or slow you scan the coil. The recovery speed is very quick. The Tone Roll Audio works great on identifying targets that have iron in them such as older bottlecaps. You hear the low/high/low tone, and it is correct 99.9% of the time.

At one park the area had quite a few pieces of copper strips about 1 1/2 inches wide and all different lengths and shapes. They had been cut off of a much longer piece for something. Some pieces of the copper strips, read exactly like a dime( 82-83) and some exactly like a quarter(86-88) to the AT Pro--both the icon and numbers showed the targets as coins. No iron grunts------ just the high tone, and correct number. Just had to dig them up so I won't be getting those signals again.

After all, once the surface trash is removed, the deeper coins will be easier to locate.

No old coins today, but getting $9.09 in clad---- it wasn't a bad day at all.

cnr_dogs
03-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Good hunt dime you are taming the pro quite nicely