PDA

View Full Version : Found a holed coin today!

pulltabsteve
03-10-2011, 08:06 PM
A 1995 quarter :cheesysmile: :bangahead01: This morning I decided to head out and get my 2011 metal detecting permits. Here on the Island we need 2 permits. 1 for state parks and 1 for county. I also got the parking permits so I can park for free. Total was close to $200. :rolleyes: I arrived at the State park early, before they opened up, so I hit the ballfield for a little bit. Got a 1940 Merc, 1949 wheat, a buckle and an old shield bicycle reflector. It felt really good getting out and doing some digging. :yes:
I had some painting done at the house this week. I got a call when I was out this morning from my son. He took the garbage out to the street for pickup today. As he turned to walk back up the driveway there was a trail of white paint the whole length of the blacktop driveway... :hairpulling: The painters helper threw a 1/4 full can of paint in the garbage with no lid. There is a hole in the bottom of the pail... just my luck. The driveway is only 3 years old and was perfect! I called the painter when I got home and he came over. He said he'll sealcoat it for me within the month. He wants it to get a little warmer out. It wasnt the helpers first screw up. He fired him.

Carver
03-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Great finds Steve!!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Way cool old buckle I see <: <: <: <: <:,,,,sweet Merc happydance02 happydance02 happydance02 happydance02 happydance02!!!!!! Man,,,you guys guys pay a sh##load for permits!!!! You gotta find a bunch of clad to make that up 8/ 8/ 8/ 8/ 8/

del
03-10-2011, 08:19 PM
:omg: boy the state and local sure sock you for the dough :mad: i hope you recoup in finds for your $$$ donation to the local municipalities .

as for the finds i'd take a day like that any day Steve :yes: i see you found a shoe buckle chape ,(sweet :smitten: ) and some silver thumbsup01 whats the threaded screw type thing in the middle :huh: does it have a slot on the top or hole ?? congrats on getting out

russellt
03-10-2011, 09:05 PM
whoa... first off you had a very productive hunt .. never found a shoe chape myself but yours is a nice one.. merc and the rest .. secondly , i am flabbergasted at the permit price ... i think its a crying shame ,,,,, seriously :blackeye:

pulltabsteve
03-10-2011, 09:55 PM
whoa... first off you had a very productive hunt .. never found a shoe chape myself but yours is a nice one.. merc and the rest .. secondly , i am flabbergasted at the permit price ... i think its a crying shame ,,,,, seriously :blackeye:

I agree Russ, it is a shame. They have been raising the prices for the last few years. The actual total is $157.00 The State is $105. and County is $52.
Dan, there are no threads or holes in that piece. Not sure what it is.

odave
03-10-2011, 11:32 PM
It's worth it Steve !! Congrats on the Finds Buddy :beerbuddy:

Salty Dog
03-11-2011, 04:59 AM
Bummer on the paint on the drive :mad:,I have never had to get permits to tect yet :thinkingabout:,but if you are going to tect there then it's worth it.....You hit some real goodies on that one for sure! why would someone hole that quarter other than maybe when they were born or something :dontknow: ,stay on the guy on the driveway,thay get busy when it gets warm and since it's costing him money versus making money,you may just get put off till later,just a thought,Dave

exsquid
03-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Sweet finds....very nice....

Bummer on the permit prices...I have only had to get one permit and it was in MO for the state beaches at the lakes....and it is free....I feel lucky, that's the worst I have had it...

Cheap Thrills
03-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Bummer on the paint on the drive :mad:stay on the guy on the driveway,thay get busy when it gets warm and since it's costing him money versus making money,you may just get put off till later,just a thought,Dave

Steve, Salty's right , we had a painter we gave a lot of work to when things were slow and there were a few a small things he was supposed to come back and finish up. He got busy,never did , we got tired of waiting and did it ourselves . The work his crew did was great , too bad their boss was such a flake .Needless to say we will not be dealing with him again .
Nice going on the finds that is a nice Merc . thumbsup01 8)

mike l
03-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Cool buckle steve. Can't believe how much it cost to detect around here. At least the woods are free :peace:

Fire Fighter 43
03-12-2011, 10:47 AM
Holed clad, you don't see that much, nice haul.

Evan/tn
03-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Cool digs and bummer on the driveway,a couple decent finds will pay for your permits.

jkress
03-12-2011, 12:52 PM
Nice bunch of digs for the day... love the Merc. <:
Sorry to hear your drive way now has two lanes. Bummer!
Congrats on the keepers Steve. thumbsup01

cliffy
03-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Eh Steve.... those permits are going to give you a ton of enjoyment! Good digs and thanks for sharing! :clapping:
cliffy

zrickkid
03-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Nice little assortment of finds Steve. :angelic:

Civil War Nut
03-13-2011, 02:40 AM
Nice finds PT. Man I hope Ten. dont here about the permits. The only one that I know of here that you have to have is for hunting on T.V.A. land, and all you got to do is fill the form out and send it in It dont cost nothing. I got one and ant ever even used it that I know of. Thats just dont sound right to me.

giant056
03-13-2011, 04:49 AM
Good score on the merc Steve thumbsup01

catskillcomics
03-13-2011, 06:37 AM
great hunt, and always great to see silver, congrats

Woody420
03-13-2011, 11:29 AM
great hunt Steve!!! Grats on the merc!!!!! :cheering:

sandals
03-13-2011, 08:57 PM
great hunt Steve!!....yep, this week I will be getting all those permits too.....and with all that we pay, they still closed another state park this year!!! Hope to see you and Don at the meeting tomorrow....