PDA

View Full Version : Show And Tell Time - Angel, Your First!

CyberSage
12-10-2009, 10:50 PM
Now I have been following Angel and his fantastic finds for many years. As a matter of fact I was inspired myself by some photographs that he posted years ago. If I am not mistaken I believe they were from the early 70's. He was wearing some stylish clothes , nice shoes, and a huge detector that must have weighed about 25 pounds. Angel would you do the forum a favor and post those wonderful pictures? lol I tried to find them but, you must have covered up the evidence long ago. Thanks

Jack

angellionel
12-11-2009, 12:00 AM
I just can't get away from those photos. :shocked04:stretcher: They were taken back in 1986. Don't hold the stylish clothes against me, I was a confused young man. lol

Here they are. I was detecting with a friend at a NJ park. I still have that detector too. :)

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/Angel_May_1986_A1.jpg

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/Angel_May_1986_B1.jpg

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/Angel_May_1986_C1.jpg

CyberSage
12-11-2009, 02:21 PM
That's awesome! Thanks for sharing those again. You probably were cleaning up on the Silver back then for sure!

Jack

Epi-hunter
12-11-2009, 02:41 PM
I don't dare comment rofl

Or he will do this :beatdown: and this :bop:

So I'll do this :lipssealed:

rofl

coinnut
12-11-2009, 03:01 PM
Leave him alone, he's a chick magnet ;) What girl wouldn't want a guy dress to a T and swinging a White's?? Lucky he made it out of the 80's alive :poke: I've got to see if I can dig up some 80's pictures. They may be pretty bad rofl

angellionel
12-11-2009, 03:32 PM
I don't dare comment rofl

Or he will do this :beatdown: and this :bop:

So I'll do this :lipssealed:

rofl

Yeah, zip it up my lovely friend. :beatdown: You've teased me enough about it already. :crying02: :bop: lol lol

Leave him alone, he's a chick magnet ;) What girl wouldn't want a guy dress to a T and swinging a White's?? Lucky he made it out of the 80's alive :poke: I've got to see if I can dig up some 80's pictures. They may be pretty bad rofl

A 'chick magnet'? rofl I believe they used to give me a wide berth. rofl I should have burned those photos. :shocked04:stretcher: lol

Okay, it's someone else's turn to post their photos. :grin:

Epi-hunter
12-11-2009, 04:20 PM
Yeah, zip it up my lovely friend. :beatdown: You've teased me enough about it already. :crying02: :bop: lol lol

I'm merely saying that you aged very well ;) :tongue:

hoser
12-12-2009, 12:53 AM
lol lol lol

RickO
12-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Oh boy, I am staying out of this one... noooooo comment... rofl RickO

coinnut
12-12-2009, 06:46 PM
I want an Angel and Angie bobble head doll for my back window for Christmas rofl rofl

Epi-hunter
12-12-2009, 07:52 PM
I want an Angel and Angie bobble head doll for my back window for Christmas rofl rofl

Be careful what you wish for George lol lol

Krom
12-12-2009, 11:06 PM
I say, screw th' stylish clothes.
Jus' tell me, Angel... where did you find that awesome toupé? lol
I'll swap my DFX even!!! :grin: 8)

angellionel
12-13-2009, 12:39 AM
I say, screw th' stylish clothes.
Jus' tell me, Angel... where did you find that awesome toupé? lol
I'll swap my DFX even!!! :grin: 8)

Toupe? lol That was my real hair. :grin: I miss it...sometimes. ;)

bmattioli
12-13-2009, 10:25 AM
I've seen this before and always notice that you still croutch the same way.. I do dig those crazy Puma sneakers..

Eagle 1
12-13-2009, 06:23 PM
Gota love those black gloves with the zippers. Gota love that Disco look. rofl I think we need to go back to the disco days. It was to short lived I still love disco staying alive, staying alive. hu hu hu hu staying alive. That was my first MD 6000DI cool. Rock on Angel.

Eagle 1

del
12-14-2009, 03:33 PM
they just won't let you escape your past , huh Angel . lol

angellionel
12-14-2009, 04:01 PM
they just won't let you escape your past , huh Angel . lol

Yeah. lol I don't know what possessed me to post those photos. :confused: lol Now I think it's only fair that others post their old photos too. :grin:

It really was a fun time back then. The photos do bring back some pleasant memories. :)

Epi-hunter
12-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Yeah, come on. I want to see some more old MD photos. George? Dan? Dave? Others? Poor Angel has taken enough abuse lol

coinnut
12-14-2009, 05:27 PM
Yeah, come on. I want to see some more old MD photos. George? Dan? Dave? Others? Poor Angel has taken enough abuse lol

OK, but I ain't seen a mini Angie yet?? :huh:

coinnut
12-16-2009, 09:34 PM
Ok some 1980's pictures. June 21st, 1985 to be exact lol I must admit, I detect much better than I play guitar :crying02: But it was loads of fun. Wish I still had that guitar, think of all the metal detecting stuff I could buy if I sold it now :yes: lol

del
12-17-2009, 03:40 AM
Ok some 1980's pictures. June 21st, 1985 to be exact lol I must admit, I detect much better than I play guitar :crying02: But it was loads of fun. Wish I still had that guitar, think of all the metal detecting stuff I could buy if I sold it now :yes: lol

OOOOHHHH the eighties :cheesysmile: WOW :tongue: are those parachute pants or spandex your wearing :huh: lol lol and how many cans of hairspray did it take to parade that glorious mane in that manner :confused: :confused: rofl just bustin ya buddy i didn't look any different at the time . ;)

siggi palma
12-17-2009, 08:52 AM
coinnut that guitar looks amazing is it a gibson ? Also nice Marshal rack :bangahead01:

coinnut
12-17-2009, 06:31 PM
coinnut that guitar looks amazing is it a gibson ? Also nice Marshal rack :bangahead01:

Hey Siggi, That's a Gibson Les Paul Re-issue (1983) in a burl honey maple top. I should have kept it just for the artwork lol The Marshalls are a 1983 20th Anniversary White 100 W stack. I still have those. Since I just found out how rare they are, along with the extra rare straight cabinets, I won't be selling them anytime soon. :yes: Miss those carefree days....did we ever work?? lol

coinnut
12-17-2009, 06:37 PM
OOOOHHHH the eighties :cheesysmile: WOW :tongue: are those parachute pants or spandex your wearing :huh: lol lol and how many cans of hairspray did it take to parade that glorious mane in that manner :confused: :confused: rofl just bustin ya buddy i didn't look any different at the time . ;)

Those are spandex lol The parachute pants were red ;) No hairspray though, but lots of conditioner.... and Oh ya, I look good in curlers too rofl. You think we looked funny, some of those hairspray scyscrapers the girls were wearing were something else too thumbsup01 Believe it or not, I saw the young kids at the mall today, starting to dress like the 80's again. Here we go again :rolleyes:

Epi-hunter
12-17-2009, 08:00 PM
Hey, you look just like the Bee Gees! lol

But maybe more like a hard rock band. What kind of stuff did you sing/play?

angellionel
12-17-2009, 08:19 PM
Those photos must have brought back some memories. :grin: I do remember the skyscraper hairstyles many of the girls use to have back then too. lol

Epi-hunter
12-17-2009, 09:00 PM
I do remember the skyscraper hairstyles many of the girls use to have back then too. lol

Wasn't that the sixties? The beehive hairstyles? Is that what you mean by 'skyscraper'? I've seen photos anyway ;)

coinnut
12-17-2009, 09:08 PM

But maybe more like a hard rock band. What kind of stuff did you sing/play?

The Bee Gees?? OUCH! lol I guess we did look that bad 8) We didn't sing or play anything well rofl But we tried to do harder rock. Aerosmith, Ozzy, Judas Priest, you know... mellow stuff ;)

Epi-hunter
12-17-2009, 09:16 PM
The Bee Gees?? OUCH! lol I guess we did look that bad 8) We didn't sing or play anything well rofl But we tried to do harder rock. Aerosmith, Ozzy, Judas Priest, you know... mellow stuff ;)

Am I in trouble? :lipssealed: lol

I was just a kid when the Bee Gees were famous. What do I know. lol

coinnut
12-17-2009, 09:22 PM
Am I in trouble? :lipssealed: lol

I was just a kid when the Bee Gees were famous. What do I know. lol

I think I'm the one in trouble if we looked like the Bee Gees rofl

angellionel
12-17-2009, 09:46 PM
Wasn't that the sixties? The beehive hairstyles? Is that what you mean by 'skyscraper'? I've seen photos anyway ;)

Nah, not those hairstyles. lol I meant the fluffed up ones, like this one. :)

del
12-18-2009, 04:19 AM

rofl rofl thats great stuff right there rofl lol

you mean to tell me i've been unknowningly detecting with Barry gibb of the BeeGee's these past few years now :bangahead01: :bangahead01: rofl rofl

coinnut
12-18-2009, 03:50 PM
you mean to tell me i've been unknowningly detecting with Barry gibb of the BeeGee's these past few years now :bangahead01: :bangahead01: rofl rofl

No different than me detecting with granny from the hillbillies. lol That is you, isn't it granny?? :cheesysmile: :poke: rofl

RickO
12-18-2009, 05:17 PM
Well, my memories go back a bit further.... I was at Woodstock (Bethel), long hair and all. Had drinks a few times with Bob Dylan in Woodstock proper. Lots of color, bell bottoms and brownies... rofl rofl RickO

coinnut
12-18-2009, 05:39 PM
Well, my memories go back a bit further.... I was at Woodstock (Bethel), long hair and all. Had drinks a few times with Bob Dylan in Woodstock proper. Lots of color, bell bottoms and brownies... rofl rofl RickO

That explains everything lol rofl rofl :poke: :poke: I was 8 during woodstock!

Beefcake
01-04-2010, 11:13 PM
I bout choked on my pop.... Bee gees!!!!! LOL Rock on Barry!

SeabeeRon
01-08-2010, 07:58 PM
How'd I miss this thread until now??!? lol rofl Sorry, no old pix of me from that era. Waiting for Dave (Heavymetal) to comment!! :grin: :tongue:

leslie(nova scotia)
01-10-2010, 09:20 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....my first water machine. A Freedom 11 with a ten foot wire to a weighted coil!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/leslie19/les%20digging/cc.jpg

Back in the days where I had hair!

coinnut
01-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Holy smokes :shocked04: Is that the Jolly Green Giants' machine:huh: If you were trying to be stealthy, I don't think you were lol Leslie, was that height to keep the machine high and dry?? How'd you do back then? Bet there was lots of silver and gold then.

toehead
02-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Angel don't feel bad I had the very same jacket, only mine was black. Come to think of it I believe the chicks gave me a wide berth also. lol :yes: Now I can see why. rofl

ProPointer
02-12-2010, 10:52 PM
I bout choked on my pop.... Bee gees!!!!! LOL Rock on Barry!

....They kida look like the Geico Cave-Men

coinnut
02-13-2010, 06:02 PM

Hey, them cavemen get all the chicks thumbsup01

del
02-13-2010, 06:13 PM

rofl rofl so easy even George a Coinnut can do it rofl rofl

coinnut
02-13-2010, 06:23 PM
rofl rofl so easy even George a Coinnut can do it rofl rofl

I told Angel not to feed you all that sugar lol You need to wear off some of that extra energy.... go back to playing with your GI Joe's will ya? ;)

30U Plymouth
02-14-2010, 04:41 PM
Toupe? lol That was my real hair. :grin: I miss it...sometimes. ;)

I've alway said that grass doesn't grow on a busy street :cheesysmile:.