PDA

View Full Version : Playing King of the quarter Hill...

Dimeman
03-11-2011, 12:52 PM
Remember when you used to play King of the Hill on a dirt pile:huh:

Some parks have these dirt piles....I guess the game is still being played.

A 1930's park has built one of these hills behind the totlot area, and it was built in the park maybe 10 years ago. I had searched it a few times with the IDX and dug only a few clad dimes and lots of junk from the hill.

This morning I decided to try the AT Pro there. Since the other locations that had loads of trash, that I have been hunting with my other detectors, the areas have been giving up coins while using the Garrett.

With the Pro Mode I could see why the coins were being masked ----------because of lots of iron tones all over the hill. The AT Pro was finding the coins though. Most of them were quarters !!!!!!!! I kept on digging up quarter signals..... I thought someone must have thrown a roll of quarters in the dirt before they planted the grass. They were all over the hill---

I did a very quick scan of the totlot and got a couple of coins, then went to the area between the tennis courts and the parking lot. I started digging pennies, nickels and dimes from the grass.

Quite a few were just an inch in the dirt others a few inches deep. All the coins were close to trash targets. I heard the good high tone and then trash signal low/high/low tone---the targets were very close but you can tell the individual signal on each one.

Wound up with 78 clad coins in 2 1/2 hours. One 1979 Canadian penny was found also.

RWJR13
03-11-2011, 05:08 PM
:shocked04: :shocked04:.....Awesome Robbie.......Very good score of the coins...... <:

jkress
03-13-2011, 09:00 PM
Very impressive. :clapping:
I remember that game. lol We played that quite a bit as kids. The older we got... the bigger the bumps and bruises got. rofl
Good times. :yes:

v3ikid
03-13-2011, 09:40 PM
I want my quarters back. lol :omg: At that rate you'll be a quarter of the way to a million soon.