PDA

View Full Version : Lady said I could detect her 1880's house and then called the cops on me!

Full Metal Digger
03-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Can you believe it? I knocked on the door and gave my usual sales pitch. She said sure look all you want. Twenty minutes later, I am detecting away and a cop car pulls up. I turned off my detector and asked if there was a problem. He says you gotta move. I said, you mean I have to move my car? (I was parked curbside). He says no you have to leave. He said the lady of the house changed her mind and called him to ask me to leave! :crazy:

Toadman
03-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Now iv'e heard it all !! :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04: Maybe sundowner althimers.......

russellt
03-11-2011, 08:00 PM
any body BIPOLAR out there daddy? sounds like wacky wanda forgot her meds.. at least the cop was cool about it ,,,i guess

Tony Two-Cent
03-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Maybe you should wear clothes next time. lol

Full Metal Digger
03-11-2011, 10:03 PM
rofl

Ill Digger
03-11-2011, 11:01 PM
<} lol
Daaave ? :huh:........ lol lol
There's no telling but you gotta wonder what made her change gears like that ? :confused: :thinkingabout: Weird :dontknow:

Cheap Thrills
03-11-2011, 11:40 PM
No mystery here Daddy D,

You made it look too easy .She figured hey I can do that , why should I let him get it all. Bet if you drive by there in a week she will be swinging an E-Trac over her own property .All joking aside something like that would make me gun shy to detect someone's property who I didn't know that well . I already am a bit leery of that because I've had people bird dogging me and looking over my shoulder . When that happens I pretty much know if something good comes up they will most likely be stingy about an equal division .I have said My machine has stopped working , that's the end of that on two ocassions . Other people usually just say you can keep it all , I just want half of the gold and that is ok with me .

Fire Fighter 43
03-12-2011, 07:55 AM
Did you explain to her that you would be digging holes. Maybe she wasn't sure what it was you were going to do and once she saw you start to dig she changed her mind. Or maybe it was that you did not have clothes on!! Anyway that really bites the big one.

JTGOLD
03-12-2011, 09:08 AM
thats a bummer,I had that happen last year,but I was at an old farm house. :ticked:

RWJR13
03-12-2011, 09:19 AM
.crazy.....

zrickkid
03-12-2011, 08:52 PM
Sounds like a whack job to me. You are probably better off to be out of there :behave:

MartinL
03-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Could have easily been a nosey friend or relative saying, You are crazy for letting a stranger in your yard! Mind you, all she needed to do was personally ask you to leave, but people get odd at times. It was really lame to call the cops, if she was the one who actually called then. Maybe a BF called, who knows? Did the lady come outside when the cops were there? martin

Carver
03-13-2011, 07:27 PM
That really blows,,,,,,,,,she just jerked the rug out from under you :shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04:

RobW
03-14-2011, 11:27 AM
People are just nuts :twirlingeyes: :twirlingeyes:

MartinL
03-16-2011, 02:02 PM
You know the more I think about this event, the more open minded I get. I have one property I can search other than my own, which fortunately I am long term friend with her. I think it's very possible that this lady mentioned here might have been peeking to watch the deal, and caught a time where it LOOKED like the hunter was scoping out a window, or the house. I am not saying that happened in this case, but I found myself checking out the house where I had my privileges,,, not a planned event on my part, it's just part of human nature to catch oddities surrounding anything. Could she have come out and said she changed her mind? Maybe she'd already gotten the willies if she thought there was a real creepy glance or two from the hunter, even if they were misconstrued and incorrect.

I will admit myself, if a stranger came right now and knocked on my door to ask for hunting my property, I would say no. I am a very private person, and I was once burglarized and I've blamed everybody from friends-of-friends who recently visited, to everyone who had stepped on my property. If everyone was like me, there would be no personal property to explore, unless you were a close friend or a relative. I even dislike the meter men. This lady was wrong in saying yes, then calling the cops like that, but nobody knows the true interactions she maybe felt had gone on, if she was indeed peeking and pondering her decision.

I would have at least stuck my head out and hollered, Go away, I changed my mind. If I was a spooked woman, maybe not. martin

Bedrock
03-23-2011, 10:13 AM
Did she have 30 or 40 cats running around?

coinnut
03-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Sounds like she just didn't get the whole concept and changed her mind. With all the news stories of people getting robbed and killed, she was probably just got paranoid and didn't know how to tell you to leave. So for her, calling the cops seemed the safe thing to do. From the cops conversation, he seemed to know what that you had permission originally, otherwise he would have been a lot more suspicious of you. I wouldn't feel too bad about it, you probably just scared her because you didn't have any cloths on rofl Don't know how that part got in here :confused: lol At least she didn't demand you get arrested.

catskillcomics
03-24-2011, 06:12 AM
Guess we need to add clothes to the essential list of Metal detecting lol

Yeh people are odd sometimes... I've had something similar happen to me, got permission one day, come back the next day to start and was told they changed their mind. OH Well.. nothing much we can do about it..

tanacat
03-24-2011, 02:51 PM
Just look at his profile pic... I'd be scared too lol rofl lol rofl

just kiddin' :grin: