PDA

View Full Version : Long day hunting with Del

coinnut
03-12-2011, 10:31 PM
We get an A for effort, but not a lot in the pouch :dontknow: Detected from about 7AM until 5PM and don't have a lot of good targets to show for it. I can't believe how hard these holes have been hit. Best finds are a 1914 Dog tag, a NY Chauffeur?? licence from 1923, and a nice (hopefully) colonial cloak clasp. Also found a nasty arrow tip. Glad I had gloves on for that one :shocked04: Highlight of the day?? Thought I lost my phone but it was safe resting at home |:confused:) But I did manage to find a lot for my scrap metal pails. lol

Spike
03-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Glad you guys got out <: I have a Chauffeur tag just like that from Indiana :thinkingabout: I think mine is a 1934. I am tired of the same burned out spots to :hairpulling:

jkress
03-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Congrats George... you pulled some nice keepers for sure. :clapping:
I like the license, cloak clasp and dog tag. The dog tag is an old one. Not sure how much further back they can go? :confused:
You found some goodies for your collection and that's what counts. :yes:

Civil War Nut
03-13-2011, 12:50 AM
Hidy Cnut. Yal are killing those good finds. Glad yal are haveing some good luck. Beats the hake out of what I have been doing. Good luck & H. H.

giant056
03-13-2011, 05:05 AM
Great score on the old dog license and chauffeur's license thumbsup01

wild willy
03-13-2011, 05:59 AM
ya thats a nasty looking tip! :omg: willy

pulltabsteve
03-13-2011, 06:16 AM
Nice saves George :happydance01: I never even heard of a colonial cloak clasp, but I hope thats what you found thumbsup01 I'm sure you and Dan had a blast just getting out again happydance02

sniffy
03-13-2011, 08:13 AM
I've thought about digging down and finding a broad head before..... :shocked01: Pull back bloody stubs. Looks like you guys had a good time.

M-Taliesin
03-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Howdy Amigo!
Nice hunting with a pard, that's the best part.
You had a pretty nice long hunt, and still found some interesting items.
Maybe I can drift up your direction one of these days to harvest the gold
ya'll left behind! LOL!

Nice hunt!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-13-2011, 05:36 PM
very nice relics! love that acorn claspy thingy the best!

del
03-13-2011, 07:36 PM
i don't get it :confused: that first site we hit had tons of area and should of produced more finds :dontknow: , atleast some deep small buttons in the shotgun shell signal targets . :bangshead02: :bangshead02: long day with little results
well , well , well.. the mystery oval item with the numbers is a chauffer's liscense , i didn't expect that . :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: it is a cool find George. the cape /cloak clasp is a nice relic and as you said the oak leaf and acorn is an old motif .

i can't wait to hit those new sites we found late last year in the snow , i have a very good feeling about those. :cheering:

mike l
03-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Cool finds. Good luck with the hunting grounds you found over the winter :yes:

tanacat
03-14-2011, 08:13 AM
That looks like a perty good day to me- but I understand... no coppers! :-\

I really like the relics you found :yes: I found a 1941 Ky Driver's Liscence Pin.

RobW
03-14-2011, 11:24 AM
Well, I wish I coulda come out with you guys...but it looks like I got the better end this weekend..scoring 1 Copper. But I know you had a good time, and that's all that REALLY counts. You still found some cool items.

Salty Dog
03-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Interesting finds George,I found a Chaffers Pin also,mine had the back intact did yours?Here is the pic. of the one i found last season

coinnut
03-14-2011, 03:26 PM
Interesting finds George,I found a Chaffers Pin also,mine had the back intact did yours?Here is the pic. of the one i found last season

No, the pin on mine is long gone. It is my first one and a little bit corroded, but it was found close to a wet area, so I guess I can't complain. Nice looking one you found.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

tanacat
03-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Highlight of the day?? Thought I lost my phone but it was safe resting at home |:confused:)

You mean it wasn't wedged between the seats of Dan's jeep or somewhere?? lol I'm surprised he didn't tease you about the phone on here... aren't you always losing something on your excursions? :grin:

del
03-14-2011, 05:04 PM
You mean it wasn't wedged between the seats of Dan's jeep or somewhere?? lol I'm surprised he didn't tease you about the phone on here... aren't you always losing something on your excursions? :grin:

Tana , him losing something is a recurring theme that never gets old on hearing lol lol i suspected he left it at home but he did lose me for a little while in the woods . lol lol i could hear him yell out hey where you at lol lol

just for the record my take for the day was
an 1878 indian head ( :rolleyes: just my luck one away from the key dated 77) lol
a 1934 wheatie , a pewter spoon bowl , a copper spoon bowl and an iron spoon bowl , a clad dime :bangshead02: a lincoln memorial :ticked: :mad: and a bunch of brass scrap for the brass bucket.

Evan/tn
03-15-2011, 06:22 AM
I like that acorn thing,nice hunt and finds!

RobW
03-15-2011, 12:56 PM
That's a lot of spoon bowls....did you find the mess hall or something?
I found one this weekend too, but haven't looked at it close enough yet to see if it is silver. It's still in my pouch with all the other things I only took out the large cent to clean up.