PDA

View Full Version : Hunted out park gives up the goods

v3ikid
03-12-2011, 11:08 PM
Went to the park today for a 4 hour hunt. This park has been hunted to death but it was time to be done with the home field training course. I have hunted around the house alot to get used to the V3i. Probably have about 40 hours on it and it was time to get away to see if i could do anything with what i've learned so far.
The first two hours produced a whopping two pennies and i was thinking you have got to be kidding me.

I have hit this park with the MXT and found over 200 coins in about twenty trips. Of these 200 coins there was 2 wheats and no silver. I thought back then that this park was going to be a tough hunt. So now with the V3i it was the perfect place to go to see if i'm learning anything. I hit areas that i had hit very well with the MXT and i'm thinking that I sure hope the MXT left something to find.

Now the next 2 hours went like this. I hit the oldest known part of the park that i have used everything the MXT had to throw at it. The first good signal i get in that area was solid and in the 50's range (wasn't paying much attention to the exact number) I was listening for a good signal and when it read 50's I thought OH GREAT another screw cap.

Only difference was this screw cap said 8 1/2 deep. Sure enough down at 8 1/2 was the intended target but it wasn't a screw cap it was an 1880 Indian Head Penny in very good shape. Now i'm thinking Very cool Now i slow down a bit and within twenty minutes I hit a good signal that was bouncing between 76 and 80. I dig down 3 and out pops a 1937 Merc. Now i'm feeling really good about the day.
Beings i was all the way across the park i figured i would walk a straight line back to the truck.

I get about 10 steps from where i found the silver and boom another Indian Head penny. Not as good of shape as the first but the date is readable and it's an 1891. I get ten yards from there and get a 1942 Wheat.

So all in all I ended up with 31 coins
Silver- 1
Indians- 2
Wheats- 1
Clad- 27 First two hours- 2 coins, Last two hours 29 coins

I don't have alot of experience with the V3i yet but one big thing i'm noticing about the difference between it and the MXT is it's ability to show you good targets around junk. I absolutely love that about the V3i. A week ago I would have picked the MXT with the 5.3 eclipse coil for a trashy area but now i'm not so sure. The ability of the V3i to quiet what you don't want to hear makes it real nice for parks. I seemed to have dug alot less trash today also. I still dug things i figured would be junk but it was minimal.

I almost forgot: I was running Yazoo's program with the filter set at 7.5 and sounds set to my liking. I really like this program and boy you can hear everything without it driving you nuts. Thanks Yazoo.

This detector is a definate learning curve but i think i'm going to like it a whole bunch. All i can say to anyone new to it is be determined and stick with it. If you do that you will start to learn. I know i have a long way to go to fully understand it but i'm having fun and that's what counts. I'll post pics when i can

jkress
03-12-2011, 11:16 PM
:clapping: :peace: :clapping: :peace:
Score!! Looks like your maiden voyage turned out very, very productive.
Those are great finds... especially in a hunted out park. <:
Sounds like you are putting in the time on the learning curve and it is paying off. I'll bet you and the V3i are going to be a perfect fit. :yes:
Definitely looking forward to your posts this season.
Congrats.

marinedad
03-12-2011, 11:29 PM
congrats on your finds, good luck with the new detector too.

Carver
03-13-2011, 10:57 AM
Sounds like great finds,,,love to see some pics thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01

pulltabsteve
03-13-2011, 03:54 PM
Nice bunch of finds Kid <: :beerbuddy: :clapping:

xzlr8n
03-13-2011, 04:42 PM
Sounds like the v3 is working good for you!! I have also found the deeper 5+ signals with a 50 to 60 VDI number to be older wheats and IH's. If those deeper signals pinpoint pinpoint well with red/green dominant you'll usually have a good cooper target with those 50 to 60 VDI's. Likewise deeper and older silver will be a lower VDI than expected, but usually are green dominant more so over the red 7.5 Hz freq. Good job and thanks for posting the successful trip with the v3.

v3ikid
03-13-2011, 09:24 PM
I'm going to try to post the finds. We'll see how it goes. lol

v3ikid
03-13-2011, 09:28 PM
Soory about the quality of the pics. After all the brain power needed for the V3i it doesn't leave much for computer and photography skills. Then to add insult to injury i've been :sick: for the last few days. Thanks for looking.

yazoo
03-14-2011, 05:46 AM
Hey Vkid, Nice Job glad to hear it is working good for you.It will get better yet.I am sure of that.I will wait till fall to get my cut :thinkingabout:. Keep posting the good stuff so I know what goodies you found. LOL H.H. Yazoo

Evan/tn
03-14-2011, 06:36 AM
indian wheats and silver is an awesome hunt!
Way to go Kid :clapping: :clapping:,it's never hunted out!

CyberSage
03-14-2011, 07:25 AM
That's a very nice hunt Kid! Sounds like you got things figured out on the V3i. This is going to be a good year for you. Looking forward to hearing about your hunts. Way to go.

Jack

midas
03-14-2011, 07:29 AM
With the V3i, getting good signals between the trash opens up all the hunted out parks. Still waiting for the snow cover to disappear. Great finds.

JTGOLD
03-14-2011, 09:33 AM
very good finds,nice hunt.

RobW
03-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Nice hunt

russellt
03-14-2011, 08:05 PM
nicely done ..... tahts a good hunt

giant056
03-15-2011, 09:02 AM
Great bunch of finds thumbsup01