PDA

View Full Version : First Hunt with New V3i Nails Gold & Silver!

M-Taliesin
03-13-2011, 10:16 AM
Howdy Folks!
I got a brand spanking new V3i as replacement for the defective unit I originally had. After assembling the unit and making changes to some settings, like coil type and VCO on, I pharted around with it some just to be certain it was working.

Saturday (as in yesterday) I got the unit out for the first real hunt and wasn't out very long. Overall, I only hit two locations and went through them pretty fast. The day was warm but the wind was strong and cutting. I hunted for less than an hour at my first stop, and about 45 minutes at my second stop. While the first only gave up a precious few coins, the second was more fruitful. I hit a park on my way to Brighton and before I was done, found a 10k gold ring and a silver something or other stamped 925. There was a smattering of clad, but nothing impressive. I didn't mind the low clad count considering I got both gold and silver on my first hunt with this new machine.

The V3i ran quiet and stable, and I was quite pleased with overall performance on this unit.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

odave
03-13-2011, 12:28 PM
A Good Start with the new Machine Mel thumbsup01 Congrats on the Gold and Silver thumbsup01 thumbsup01

Evan/tn
03-15-2011, 08:07 PM
Good to hear the V is running smooth Mel,nice hunt!

Dimeman
03-15-2011, 08:22 PM
I bet you can get gold and silver no matter what brand detector you had in your hands. Some people just have the skill and you are a good example of that. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: 8) 8) 8)

Ill Digger
03-16-2011, 12:00 AM
The days are defiantly getting warmer! :happydance01:
And finding a couple of nice pieces of jewelry like that would warm me up a little bit too I think! :yes: lol
More gold and silver for the refinery !! Should be a nice check comin' soon :poke: lol thumbsup01
Nice finds!
Congrats :grin:

exsquid
03-16-2011, 07:12 AM
Nice way to break in the new machine Mel...WTG!!