PDA

View Full Version : I want to cry....

Jason in Enid
12-11-2009, 07:09 PM
All last week I was on a Caribbean cruise, enjoying life. I did miss detecting a little bit though. Today, with no detector in my car, I headed to the other side of town on business. I started seeing block, after block, after block of brand new sidewalk!!!!! How did I not hear about this project? When did the city EVER move this fast on any project? This is in the oldest part of town too. I'm sooo freeking bummed that I missed such a great opportunity. :crying02:

coinnut
12-11-2009, 07:30 PM
I'm crying for ya :crying02: Stinks when the DPW wants to fly through a project :ticked: I guess we should get into the habbit of talking with the DPW guys lol No kidding, a city hall connection may not be a bad thing afterall :confused:

Bentfork
12-11-2009, 08:54 PM
I feel your pain Jason. Sorry!

Epi-hunter
12-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Ouch... they did all that in a week?!? :shocked04:

I tried to detect a torn up sidewalk in the old part of this town but was told to go away within the first two minutes :rolleyes:

del
12-11-2009, 09:32 PM
sounds like a conspiracy Jason :ticked: i feel for ya man

Stang1968
12-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Maybe it's a neighborhood improvement project and they'll do the next street over now?
I spotted a sidewalk project in downtown Santa Ana two years ago, but I didnt have the guts to go to that area at night :hammer:. I often wonder if anyone did.

Jason in Enid
12-11-2009, 10:36 PM
sounds like a conspiracy Jason :ticked: i feel for ya man

Do you think it's time to start wearing the tinfoil hat again?

hoser
12-12-2009, 12:50 AM
:mad: Ok, I need names and numbers so me and my cousin Guido can pay those people a.........Visit!! :angelic: lol I know what you mean. They tore up the roads through town here this summer and I missed it because of work. I'm sure there is still stuff there for you to find though. GL&HH

RickO
12-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Wow.. what a missed opportunity... I feel your pain (hmmmm someone else said that... but I really mean it). Maybe they dumped some dirt someplace... would be worth checking out. RickO

Krom
12-12-2009, 10:07 PM
You file a complaint yet, J?
I think I'd include cruel & abusive treatment. Might get a nice settlement out of it. ;)

woodwizard
12-13-2009, 12:47 PM
some thing is amiss there as it should have taken yrs for a project like that to be done-ever ask them to fix a pot hole,burnt out street light-ya somethings wrong there-is any prominent citizens missing-remember Hoffa

Jason in Enid
12-13-2009, 05:08 PM
some thing is amiss there as it should have taken yrs for a project like that to be done-ever ask them to fix a pot hole,burnt out street light-ya somethings wrong there-is any prominent citizens missing-remember Hoffa

LOL I can think of a couple I wouldn't mind missing!