PDA

View Full Version : Depth with the Fisher F5

Mr Magoo
03-15-2011, 05:22 PM
Hi
I been using the Fisher F5 for 1 year. I don't seem to get much depth with this detector, about 3 to 4 inches.
Can anyone help on this problem.

Celluforce
08-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Just received my F5 with a DD11... I'll need to bring a good shovel!

Just did two test run with it and I detected some pepsi cans at more then 10 inches in dry clay... Found some modern coins between 3 and 8 inches... Even got my second silver ring... about four inches.

Those targets wheren't found with my BH 1100 nor my 2200...

Daniel <;)

Dimeman
08-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Hi
I been using the Fisher F5 for 1 year. I don't seem to get much depth with this detector, about 3 to 4 inches.
Can anyone help on this problem.

I can get 5-7 inches on most coins when the ground balance , Gain and threshold are set correctly.
Put the gain at 70, ground balance as the manual suggests, and then set the threshold to -2 or -3.
You should be able to detect a dime up to 5 inches deep---possibly deeper, depending on the ground conditions.

Celluforce
08-05-2012, 09:14 AM
Thank you!

Condition, right now... Very DRY... Hot & dry... Did go out for an hour this morning after my night shift and found only two zinc cents... And of course some pull tabs... Old ring & drop shape pull tabs... The place I choose may have been hunted before...

Daniel <;)

Dimeman
08-05-2012, 09:34 AM
Thank you!

Condition, right now... Very DRY... Hot & dry... Did go out for an hour this morning after my night shift and found only two zinc cents... And of course some pull tabs... Old ring & drop shape pull tabs... The place I choose may have been hunted before...

Daniel <;)

Might I suggest that you air test some of your Canadian coins, ( try a few different years of each denomination) so you get a better idea of what number range each will show on the screen.

When I first got my F5 I made a cheat sheet with coin type and number ID) and it helped me learn what to look for.
I use the D4 tone because it has a separate high tone for the US nickle range that is higher pitch than a pulltab.

Also--If you have some Canadian coins from the 1960's and before, you can air test those to see where they show on the screen.