PDA

View Full Version : Gold Slinger Draws 3 of a Kind, All 14k!

M-Taliesin
03-15-2011, 11:39 PM
Howdy Folks!
Pipster and me got out today and headed to the west side of town where he had terrific results when he found 3 gold items last night. So we headed back to that part of town in hopes we might rescue some more gold.

My first worthwhile find was a silver ring with a big honking stone. It is also bent pretty badly, and appears to fit an adult finger. Or at least it did before getting all bent up like it is.

After that, I found gold at each site we visited with the exception of the very last one. As I showed Pipster each gold item I found, he eventually told me that he'd punch me really hard if I found another gold! I laughed and figured if I found another gold item, I'd keep it to myself until posting on the forum. Alas, I guess I won't be getting punched out tonight! LOL!

I also found a necklace with a star on it at our last stop, and other finds include a charm that looks like a silver purse. It ain't silver though. I also found a big honking cross that looks like silver, but also ain't. Then toward the end of the evening, I found a small silver earring, but it probably ain't either.

Among the photos you'll see the gold items isolated. One particular piece has something on both sides, so I shot both with my camera for illustrative purposes. I found a 14k luck ring with a horseshoe surrounding what I assume would be a horse. There are stones set in the horseshoe that may be diamonds but Pips diamond tester needs batteries and none of us have enough energy to fetch a fresh set from the car. This luck ring is also badly smashed, but I was able to see the stamp inside indicating 14k.

My take on the evening was:
14 Quarters = $3.50
6 Nickels = $0.30
7 Dimes = $0.70
11 Pennies = $0.11
Total = $4.61
Coin Count = 38 Coins.

While I'd normally be put-out by such a low clad count, it's tough to be annoyed about it when you score three gold targets and a silver ring! I'll get by. Card and letters appreciated! LOL!!!

Thanks for Lookin',
Blessings,
M-Taliesin

exsquid
03-16-2011, 07:15 AM
Wow Mel,

You are seriously back in the game...Once again some nice finds.
That warmer weather is definately filling the coffers back up for you...

M-Taliesin
03-16-2011, 10:24 AM
Wow Mel,

You are seriously back in the game...Once again some nice finds.
That warmer weather is definately filling the coffers back up for you...

Howdy Pard!
Just wait till you get here. Hopefully we'll find some gold for you to take home with you in April.
Now that the weather is getting nice, the gold is showing up on them lots.
But as for the coffers...
I've been using Halls Mentholated drops but it still persists!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

MartinL
03-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Which detector did you on on these lucrative hunts Mel? martin

jkress
03-16-2011, 12:03 PM
Great hunt Mel.
Nice clad count and some gold. :clapping:
Congrats.

JTGOLD
03-16-2011, 03:57 PM
congrats on the gold Mel,GG.

odave
03-16-2011, 11:16 PM
Congrats Mel :beerbuddy: Very Nice Pic's too thumbsup01 thumbsup01

M-Taliesin
03-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Which detector did you on on these lucrative hunts Mel? martin

Howdy Martin!
I was swinging the brand new V3i I got in exchange for the one I had nothing but troubles with.

Just as a side note, it is difficult for me to believe that the V3i I had was supposed to be the
same machine as the V3i I got. The one I have now is stable, quiet and deadly effective.
The one I had was nothing like this! I am really pleased at what I now have, and regard it
as my go to machine. Next I'll want to get a DX-1 probe for it.

As a tip of the Stetson to White's Electronics and in particular to Carl who took the problem
under his wing and got me squared away, I thank them for their dedication to customer
satisfaction in general, and to my own satisfaction in particular.

I believe I am gonna really profit with this new V3i, and look forward to every hunt I do.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

coinnut
03-18-2011, 05:29 PM
Nice gold Mel and glad the V3i is finally tamed lol That gold piece looks like a baptisim charm. Great that you are getting some glittery goods now. :clapping: