PDA

View Full Version : What is my v3 telling me?

Joe in Atlanta
03-17-2011, 01:07 PM
What is my V3 telling me is if I get an 80 vdi sound and ID at the end of every swing when I change driections. Assuming I am holding my coil level and not lifting it, just the directional change. Is this telling me the RX is too high?

Thanks for all help.

Carl in Louisiana
03-17-2011, 02:45 PM
If memory serves me right I read somewhere that if you change directions suddenly with the V3i it will do that especially at higher recovery delay. So one has to slow down towards the end of each swing and change back slowly. I could be wrong but that is what I remember if memory serves me right lol lol

CyberSage
03-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Hello Joe,
Falsing of this nature can be a result of to high of sensitivity settings. Also make sure that your cable is not flopping around and wrapped firmly around the shaft. If you have another coil, see if the falsing continues after swapping out the coils. What type of program are you using?

Jack

Three Ringer
03-17-2011, 04:03 PM
Joe,

This is probably not your problem but you might want to check your coil cable connection. One time mine was loose and it falsed in one direction only on every swing. I thought for sure the problem was a loose connection in the box till I tightened the cable.

Good luck,
Three Ringer

MANDAD76
03-20-2011, 04:16 PM
Maybe sensitivities too high - maybe ground tracking set too fast - maybe too fast sweep speed - hope ya figure it out. Good luck.

Joe in Atlanta
03-20-2011, 06:03 PM
I am using Magic's program with the RX at 12 and the D2 coil. Low mineralization soil. I will try to resecure the wire and check the speeds.

Toadman
03-20-2011, 09:38 PM
You may have yet another bad machine :bop: