PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Day In Ohio-Multiple Indians!

Bell-Two
03-17-2011, 08:33 PM
Took advantage of the beautiful day today and went out on a hunt with Diane and my nephew Paul. Paul had a spot that he found an Indian head, a presidential token and some wheats the other day so we went there to try it again. It is an old house teardown and super trashy. I found a couple of artifacts, two clad quarters and a memorial penny. We decided to go to another place and ask permission to hunt a field that had an old house at one time. The people who own the field live in an old farm house, when Paul asked they were super nice and gave permission not only to hunt the field but to hunt their yard. We decided to do the yard and save the field for another time. Paul started the finds with a two wheat pennies, both 1910 then I made my first good find an 1893 Indian Head, Paul then dug a 1920 Buffalo nickel his first ever. Then Diane came over to show me the pocket watch she dug, the back and the face were gone but a nice find anyway it looks as though it was silver plated but most of the plating is gone. I then made my next find a beautiful green full liberty 1904 Indian Head, looks as though it was dropped soon after minting. I closed it out with two wheaties, a little butterfly pin that looks old and a copper ring with decorations on the band. We had a good hunt and plan on going back again.

Hunting With Bell-Two #37 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkd3qP0cDC8#ws)

Ill Digger
03-18-2011, 12:38 AM
Nice hunt and video Tony! thumbsup01
You sound like me when I find a IH :yes: Those little green beauties :smitten: lol
I Love'em!! Nice finds!! :clapping:
Congrats :grin:

Cheap Thrills
03-18-2011, 02:26 AM
You all did great ! That was a nice hunt . Those Indians are real nice . :smitten: I enjoyed the video and the pictures . 8) I'm thinking your going to find a lot of good stuff there . :yes: thumbsup01

coinnut
03-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Always feels nice to get permission to hunt :yes: Great job on the finds and a wise decision to save the field for later. lol

Carver
03-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Great finds guys and congrats to Paul on his first Buff!!!