PDA

View Full Version : Am i on to something or is it just me

v3ikid
03-17-2011, 10:34 PM
This is in no way a problem i just was wondering if anyone else has had this happen and is it a possible good sign? I'll give you a run down of what i'm talking about.

With the V3i on the first occasion i hit a target the signal was bouncing around. I turn 90 degrees and the same thing bouncing signal but the tones are changing also but when i get tones they should be good because i only have the tones i want set to go off. All tones below vdi #15 are set to 0. I pinpoint the target and all frequencies in pinpoint mode are dead even and it is pinpointing good. I dig an Indian Head penny at about 4 1/2 inches.

Today I hit a good signal it is bouncing all over the place but the tones mimic the tones i got with the IH that i dug before. I turn 90 degrees same thing, bouncy signal, tones bouncing but good. scanning the target says 7 1/2. I pinpoint and all three frequencies once again are dead even and pinpointing good, so remembering i'd hit the IH just like this before I dig down 3 and get a 1959 rosie. At this point i scan the hole again and get a signal and a reading of 7 1/2 again. I dig down and pull a piece of junk out at 7 1/2.

I guess my question is: Is there something to this when all frequencies pinpoint dead even?

I experimented with running in pinpoint mode until i got the dead even frequency bars in pinpoint but on the three i did, after i got the pinpont i would go back and try to scan where it had but got no signal.
With there not being a signal when i scanned i didn't dig because time was running short but one of those pinpoints was at 10 1/2 so i'm kind of curious if something good could be there and i just don't have my machine set up to scan that deep and the pinpoint is hitting it.

I will experiment with this little oddity and let you all know how it goes. All i know for now is when i get good tones and a clear pinpoint and the frequencies are dead even i'm digging

Just wondering if the even pull on frequencies at pinpoint is a sign of something good.

CyberSage
03-18-2011, 07:30 AM
Occasionally I will get a pin point on a coin that gives the balanced frequency response results you are describing. Usually this is on a deeper find of seven or more inches. Multiple targets in close proximity can give a composite results that skew the frequency response pattern as well. The majority of Silver coin finds always show the 2.5 kHz frequency as dominant and the 22.5 as weakest. Indians usually show the 7.5 kHz dominant for me. Wheats will vary depending on depth. Good observations Kid. Keep us posted on your results. It sounds like you a making short work of getting used to that V3i. Great job!

Jack

EDIT: what do you have your All Metal set to?

MartinL
03-18-2011, 02:01 PM
This is in no way a problem i just was wondering if anyone else has had this happen and is it a possible good sign? I'll give you a run down of what i'm talking about.

With the V3i on the first occasion i hit a target the signal was bouncing around. I turn 90 degrees and the same thing bouncing signal but the tones are changing also but when i get tones they should be good because i only have the tones i want set to go off. All tones below vdi #15 are set to 0. I pinpoint the target and all frequencies in pinpoint mode are dead even and it is pinpointing good. I dig an Indian Head penny at about 4 1/2 inches.

Today I hit a good signal it is bouncing all over the place but the tones mimic the tones i got with the IH that i dug before. I turn 90 degrees same thing, bouncy signal, tones bouncing but good. scanning the target says 7 1/2. I pinpoint and all three frequencies once again are dead even and pinpointing good, so remembering i'd hit the IH just like this before I dig down 3 and get a 1959 rosie. At this point i scan the hole again and get a signal and a reading of 7 1/2 again. I dig down and pull a piece of junk out at 7 1/2.

I guess my question is: Is there something to this when all frequencies pinpoint dead even?

I experimented with running in pinpoint mode until i got the dead even frequency bars in pinpoint but on the three i did, after i got the pinpont i would go back and try to scan where it had but got no signal.
With there not being a signal when i scanned i didn't dig because time was running short but one of those pinpoints was at 10 1/2 so i'm kind of curious if something good could be there and i just don't have my machine set up to scan that deep and the pinpoint is hitting it.

I will experiment with this little oddity and let you all know how it goes. All i know for now is when i get good tones and a clear pinpoint and the frequencies are dead even i'm digging

Just wondering if the even pull on frequencies at pinpoint is a sign of something good.

but one of those pinpoints was at 10 1/2 so i'm kind of curious if something good could be there

Kid,

When you say that you hit a pin point depth of 10.5, were you getting an audible tone through the speaker during this deeper pin point depth? Tia...martin

v3ikid
03-18-2011, 07:12 PM
Yes, there was audio on the pinpoint.

MartinL
03-18-2011, 07:33 PM
Thanks. I definitely have a problem. martin

v3ikid
03-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Are you having problems with pinpoint audio?

MartinL
03-18-2011, 09:03 PM
Are you having problems with pinpoint audio?

Yes, beyond 6 it is non existent. If there is a BIG target, it registers as shallow, yet I've dig 2' to find a crushed can or even my own septic tank here at home. It is inconcievabe to me to believe nothing of coin value has never toned. Peeps suggest that I need the headphones to hear those targets when PPing, so I had to ask the question. martin

v3ikid
03-18-2011, 09:47 PM
I can see where headphones would be an advantage. The next time i get a deeper good signal that i think is a coin i will unplug the headphones and see what happens. I've always used them so i don't know how things work without them. I'll give it a shot and see.

v3ikid
03-20-2011, 02:59 PM
Martin I got a pinpoint today at 8 1/2. I unplugged the headphones and got a good strong audio on the pinpoint. it was loud enough that i never had to remove my headphones from my head to hear it. It sounds like you have a problem with your machine, I would call whites. You may have to send it in on that one.

I know it's a depressing thought to have to send it in but the sooner you do it the sooner you will be hearing those deep pinpoints and digging deeper targets. Good luck

Let us know how it goes.