PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Hunt and some Misc.

RobW
03-18-2011, 01:25 PM
It was a beautiful day here and I decided to skip out of work to go detecting. I had invited MassDirt Fisher to join me, but he was unable to do so. My paralegal's husband had been asking to go sometime, so I brought one of my spare detectors with me. We hit a park near his house, as I thought that would be some good training grounds for him. He was only good for about 2 hours, then I had to bring him home. For his first time he scored about 68 cents, I managed around $4 in clad and 1 wheat. My usual detector bud called and said for me to meet him at his house at 6, I didn't have a lot of time so I hit a small spot I had scouted this winter, I was pulling some clad, then I had a very bouncy signal, it was all over the place. I couldn't get locked on. I decided to dig....I went at it with shovel and pin pointer, pulled some nails, and I kept going till there was nothing left in the ...now large...hole...went back though the pile...there it was a 1906 Indian, still in pretty good condition. :peace:

Had to leave to go meet my bud, he wanted to do some curbing around his neighborhood. I found 3 wheats in a small area all dated from the 30's, and a President Harding Token.

I'm also posting some before and afters of the Large Cent that I found this past weekend and some relics I found along with it, a handle, a spoon bowl which may be silver, and a copper disc with some numbers...if anyone has an idea?

RobW
03-18-2011, 01:26 PM
Large Cent Pics

MassDirtFisher
03-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Congrats on the great finds. I hope to get out with you soon, been stuck at home or work. Things will change. I have little nap time hunts now, I venture into the backyard and down into the woods. rofl

Happy Hunting!!

coinnut
03-18-2011, 04:41 PM
You've been busy :clapping: Nice finds Rob. That spoon should show some corrosion on the broken parts if it ain't silver. Otherwise it should ring right up with silver, on the E Trac number system. Nice going!!

Carver
03-18-2011, 06:33 PM
You got some good finds there Rob,,,those Indians will give off some very squirrely signals once in a while for sure!!! Love that Large cent too <: <: <: <: <:

odave
03-18-2011, 07:05 PM
Congrats on the finds ! Nice Large cent thumbsup01 thumbsup01

DaleGM
03-18-2011, 10:42 PM
just makes you wonder how many coils walked over that Injun and bouncy numbers :dontknow: mighty fine hunt Rob!!!! thumbsup01

giant056
03-19-2011, 03:39 AM
Great score on the old coinage Rob thumbsup01