PDA

View Full Version : Still Hunting..

bmattioli
12-13-2009, 03:54 PM
It's so cold out there and today we had rain.. I do miss the nice warm hunting weather but it will come back. I was thinking as my hands and feet were frozen, what am I doing out here? I guess it's from the same disease we all suffer from.. Went to the spot I've been lucky at hitting the Merc's and Wheaties. Found five more today in the wet cold. No Silver but I'll take these Wheats..

MNDigger
12-13-2009, 04:01 PM
Glad to see you can still get out Bruce! Like I always told Dale if I can dig I will detect in almost any condition or temp! :crazy:

angellionel
12-13-2009, 04:02 PM
It's so cold out there and today we had rain.. I do miss the nice warm hunting weather but it will come back. I was thinking as my hands and feet were frozen, what am I doing out here? I guess it's from the same disease we all suffer from.. Went to the spot I've been lucky at hitting the Merc's and Wheaties. Found five more today in the wet cold. No Silver but I'll take these Wheats..

Nice group of wheats, Bruce. I would take them too. thumbsup01

Is there much snow on the ground and fields? I really don't like detecting when there is snow on the ground, but I may get out sometime this week if the temperatures are high enough. :yes:

RickO
12-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Too bad there is not a 'shivering smiley'... I am sitting here inside, watching a freezing rain fall (two inches of snow earlier) and there is no way I would go out MD'ing in this. Shoveling was bad enough... brrrrrrrr...... RickO

bmattioli
12-13-2009, 04:31 PM
Nice group of wheats, Bruce. I would take them too. thumbsup01

Is there much snow on the ground and fields? I really don't like detecting when there is snow on the ground, but I may get out sometime this week if the temperatures are high enough. :yes:

Hit the spots under the trees. The ground is frozen except for under trees. I would say there is around 2 inches of snow then frozen ground. Maybe next weekend it will be better..

Stang1968
12-13-2009, 06:34 PM
Nice bunch of Wheaties. Were you able to read the dates? Some of them look pretty worn!
That's a good idea to hunt in the tree well. Maybe I can take my MD with me when I visit Idaho in the winter.

coinnut
12-13-2009, 06:36 PM
Not a bad hunt. Some more wheats for the pile. What do you got, a million of them by now?? ;) It is harder to hunt when it's crappy out :angry:

del
12-13-2009, 11:35 PM
good job on the wheats Bruce , little nippy out there huh ;). how deep were the wheats ??

hoser
12-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Good job on the wheaties. Sure wish I could still get out but alas, that won't happen unless we get a January thaw. It was in the 30's here this last weekend and we lost a lot of snow. It went from 12-14 down to about 8, and now we have 1-3 headed this way. >:\

OkieDigger
12-14-2009, 04:30 PM
Glad you were able to get out. Cold sucks. :mad:

bmattioli
12-14-2009, 06:45 PM
good job on the wheats Bruce , little nippy out there huh ;). how deep were the wheats ??

They were all shallow, 2-3 inches and every hit I was hoping for some Silver.. Went out with my old friend the DFX and bonded again..There's more Silver here I can smell them.. I have found quite a few Wheats this year, not quite a million but love every one of them.. Gotta love the Wheats!!

del
12-15-2009, 03:41 AM
Went out with my old friend the DFX and bonded again..

don't do that Bruce you'll make that e-trac jealous for sure and the next time you use it , it won't perform like it should . lol :yes: :yes:

just ask Coinnut happened to him it turned on him like a jilted lover ,then he had to send it in to lose its grudge it had on him . lol lol they are possesive machines that want all you attention and don't like to share :crazy:

woodwizard
12-15-2009, 01:33 PM
don't think a five gallon bucket of wheaties would get me out in that kinda weather-your a tough one-I get cold at temps in the 60s-too many yrs in Fl and now east Tx

SeabeeRon
12-17-2009, 06:53 PM
You East Coast guys are hard core compared to this wimpy California boy! :crying02: