PDA

View Full Version : Awesome!

Krom
10-26-2009, 01:22 PM
I'm so glad this sub forum was created. We all occasionally dig up something that makes a question mark fade into view over our heads, and we usually get lucky when someone sees it and helps with suggestions, or at least, knowledge of it.
Wezzie on CanadianMetalDetecting was gonna take hers off her forum 'til I told her how important it was to detectorists.

Epi-hunter
10-26-2009, 01:38 PM
Thank Dale for asking us to add it too :)

Just don't ask me to identify anything :grin:

Krom
10-26-2009, 01:51 PM
Good thinkin', Dale.
I woulda suggested it soon, but ya beat me to it. 8)

OkieDigger
10-26-2009, 01:58 PM
They had it already, but the rewording makes it easier to find and allows a broader range of things to be identified. And I agree with you Krom, every metal detecting forum should have a section like this. There's been a few times that I've found a strange item that needed ID'ing.

Beefcake
10-26-2009, 04:58 PM
Now all we need is Voriax to come here and figure them all out for us! LOL

MNDigger
10-26-2009, 08:04 PM

Isn't that the truth!

Islandhunter
10-26-2009, 08:31 PM
I'll add my thanks to Dale for the suggestion... thumbsup01 This section is pretty much a must have for as Krom said, we all dig up things that we look at and go...what the He** is this?? And with the knowledge here I am sure most things can be i.d.'d....though I;ve seen a few that ahve stumped everyone... crying01

Krom
10-27-2009, 06:37 PM
Yes... it would be nice to have Voriax. At least we know where to find him, tho'. :twirlingeyes:

OkieDigger
10-27-2009, 07:25 PM
There are no laws against visiting other sites. :grin: If we can't identify it here, why would you stop trying? I know I wouldn't.

Krom
10-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Yep. I see a few MDM members go on FMD, all the time, for an ID.
Don't blame them a bit, either. It's what I do when I get stumped.
Th' more brains workin' on it, th' better. :twirlingeyes:

Islandhunter
10-27-2009, 08:30 PM
There are no laws against visiting other sites. :grin: If we can't identify it here, why would you stop trying? I know I wouldn't.

I also go on another site for i.d. help..any VERY knowledeable people make for fantastic i.d. capabilities...one in particular..PBK is simply amazing at what he can i.d. and how quick, but there also many others who are very knowledgeable and very happy to share their knowledge. That is what makes this hobby so enjoyable, the many people who are so able and willing to help out!!! thumbsup01

SeabeeRon
11-06-2009, 04:54 PM

Tom, aka Achaios, is another wizard at identifing the abscure coin find!

Krom
11-07-2009, 02:37 PM
Yup. Tom has all them ancient coins nailed every time!