PDA

View Full Version : Couple of hour hunting with Del

coinnut
12-13-2009, 06:58 PM
Well, we didn't strike it rich. Matter of fact, we're kinda poor today lol Not much to show for our cold and then wet efforts, but some stuff. Got two Indians (one is my usual trash :ticked:) The other is an 1864. Was hoping it was an L variety or the rarer double date L variety, but I'll have to settle for the ordinary 1864. :rolleyes: Nice couple of buttons, some kind of finnial for a bed or something. The top piece is wood - go figure. Lots of junk today too. But i hear Del scored a real SWEET memorial rofl rofl Sorry rofl rofl rofl rofl :grin: Glad to get out today :)

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-13-2009, 07:57 PM
not bad G for all the snow .did ya guys have about 4 inches up there?
how about rain?did that cut your day short?
nice IH's! thumbsup01

angellionel
12-13-2009, 08:10 PM
Nice IHs and buttons. You guys sure were brave to get out with the sleet we had today, or maybe it didn't hit that area? Good hunt in any case. thumbsup01

Bentfork
12-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Those are cool buttons. You folks up in the NE have some cool places to hunt for relics.

Epi-hunter
12-13-2009, 09:57 PM
Nice IH's!!

So how did that top decorative wood piece sound on your detector? rofl

del
12-13-2009, 10:05 PM
hey atleast ya got a couple of coins George . :grin:

well this morning was a cold one and most areas had about 2 inches or less of snow with the open areas having 3 or more , we decided to hit a couple of sites that we only did once before a year or two ago. we didn't have much luck then and struggled to get anything today :bangahead01:. it was cold enough today that after about 3 hours into the hunt the telltale signs of my machine getting cold was apparent ( erratic tones and the lcd vdi numbers bleeding into another and slowly ) not good :mad: . with a quick shut off for only a few minutes it then performd pretty well the rest of the day and pulled a nice little 4 hole crotal bell from about 5 inches then later got a pretty deep button at 7 inches , a small lock face for a trunk or desk and finnally a pocket watch inside plate. nothing stellar by any means :rolleyes: . but i did take some shots of the two sites , the first is just a cellar hole and while detecting the area discovered a small family cemetary plot. thesecond site is a colonial home that was used up until the early 1900's and is still standing ( i took a few pictures ) alot of area and stone work( walls,pens, retaining walls,) it was great to still get out and swing the coil hoping for atleast one more weekend .HH all.

Dan

coinnut
12-13-2009, 10:25 PM
Nice IH's!!

So how did that top decorative wood piece sound on your detector? rofl

Ummm. Angie, just the tip of that piece was wood, ummm the rest was brass lol lol Girls are funny :confused: rofl Bustin' ya back :rolleyes:

Epi-hunter
12-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Ummm. Angie, just the tip of that piece was wood, ummm the rest was brass lol lol Girls are funny :confused: rofl Bustin' ya back :rolleyes:

So I'm funny because I'm a girl? :rolleyes: lol rofl rofl ;)

Great photos del. That place is incredible.

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-14-2009, 08:19 AM
pretty impressive fireplace & foundation at that one home!

MNDigger
12-14-2009, 09:36 AM
Good looking hunt! Thanks for the great pics! thumbsup01

coinnut
12-14-2009, 05:23 PM
So I'm funny because I'm a girl? :rolleyes: lol rofl rofl ;)

Pretty much! rofl rofl ;) Just kidding of course Angie :)

Great photos del. That place is incredible.

That place looks like you could plop a new house right on top of that old foundation and have one nice looking place. Must have looked real impressive when it was up and running.

John M
12-16-2009, 04:51 AM
That is a nice looking site,no mistaking where the building was.Still saved some relics even if the big coppers didn't show.

By the way George that is one sexy looking ox knob you got there.
Take care guys.

del
12-16-2009, 07:01 AM
That is a nice looking site,no mistaking where the building was.Still saved some relics even if the big coppers didn't show.

By the way George that is one sexy looking ox knob you got there.
Take care guys.

yup he looks like a million bucks in his oxknob earrings too. :yes: :yes: rofl

coinnut
12-16-2009, 12:23 PM
Why is it everyone wants my ox knobs?? rofl

OkieDigger
12-17-2009, 10:46 AM
That's an awesome looking spot!

hoser
12-17-2009, 06:00 PM
Congrats on the IH's and the pics were great. Looks like a cool site to hunt. You gonna go back when it gets warmer?

coinnut
12-17-2009, 06:24 PM
Congrats on the IH's and the pics were great. Looks like a cool site to hunt. You gonna go back when it gets warmer?

When we get desperate for some hunting, we usually go back to these hit to death places lol Hopefully, with research this winter, we will have some new hunted to death sites to visit rofl

RickO
12-18-2009, 12:35 PM
Wow.. some really interesting sites. That old stone house is incredible. I would be going over the walls with my detector as well... RickO