PDA

View Full Version : Mordachai Territory Gives up Silver & Gold!

M-Taliesin
03-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Howdy Folks!
I ventured into Mordachai territory for the first time in quite awhile, and hunted the area while keeping a close eye out for Mordachai. He never appeared, and I got away safely enough without incident. While there, however, I did something I seldom bother doing. I took my new V3i into pea gravel to hunt, and unlike the MXT, it ran quiet and stable in the gravel. It was there that I found a silver chain with small cross and a 14k gold ring. Both came out looking nasty from the gravel, and the ring was the deepest gold I've found yet at around 3 to 4 inches deep. When I got home my wife repeatedly subjected the gold ring and silver chain with cross to sonic jewelry cleaning and got them looking good for the photos. It took 4 cycles to get them this clean!

Anyhow; among finds on this hunt was a variety of kiddie type jewelry items, a coin from Costa Rica, a Canadian Nickel, a 1956 Wheat Penny, a crochet hook:huh:, something that looks like no carabiner I ever saw before with an open end that makes entirely no sense whatsoever, and 5 RTD tokens.

What is odd about the 14k gold ring is that it is nearly a duplicate of the one I found a couple of days ago. It is also a luck ring with a horseshoe made from stones (possibly diamonds) and with a horse head in the center. Both are badly bent in almost an identical fashion, except this one doesn't have a split in the metal as the other did. Still, what are the odds? Two almost identical rings found on two different hunts with almost the precise same damage in nearly the identical same place on the ring? Unique, ain't it?

My take for the day, not including foreign coins or tokens:
33 Quarters = $8.25
17 Nickels = $0.85
18 Dimes = $1.80
68 Pennies = $0.68
Total = $11.58
Coin Count = 136 Coins.

This was my longest hunt to date since surgery. I left the house around 10:30 am, and returned home after 7:30 pm!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

jkress
03-20-2011, 01:12 PM
Another nice hunt Mel. :clapping: Lots of great keepers.
Congrats on the gold and silver. thumbsup01

odave
03-20-2011, 01:45 PM
You won the battle at that site Mel thumbsup01
Congrats on a fine hunt !! Silver and Gold :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: thumbsup01

russellt
03-20-2011, 02:27 PM
gald you made it back from the badlands in one piece .. thats an awesome hunt for sure .. silver and gold. very nice

M-Taliesin
03-21-2011, 09:03 AM
gald you made it back from the badlands in one piece ..

Howdy Russellt!
Always great to return from Mordachai territory without any new damage.
Guess I must have been lucky! And I've never found gold or silver over there before either.
Talk about a real good incursion to hostile territory!!! LOL!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

JTGOLD
03-21-2011, 09:18 AM
nice silver and gold finds and good hunt Mel, thumbsup01 thumbsup01

coinnut
03-21-2011, 07:17 PM
Good to know the V3i did well at that spot. I bet you like it better already lol Nice gold!!

SeabeeRon
03-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Another great hunt Mel! :clapping:

Spike
03-22-2011, 07:43 PM
|:confused:) On the jewelry I really wanted to make a go at jewelry hunting but after Sunday :hairpulling: :ticked: on the beach :white:usaflag:: :white:usaflag:: You are doing it right thumbsup01

Dimeman
03-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Great hunt...and no little terror to bother you..... :grin:

I'm still not getting many jewelry items.....but am getting a good amount of coins......and my DISC is set low.................might have to venture into the tougher areas.. :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout:

exsquid
03-23-2011, 03:00 PM
Very nice Mel...You have some real nice finds there...
Down to a week and a half before the visit.... :yes:
Glad to hear the V3i is working well for you...

M-Taliesin
03-24-2011, 07:36 AM
|:confused:) On the jewelry I really wanted to make a go at jewelry hunting but after Sunday :hairpulling: :ticked: on the beach :white:usaflag:: :white:usaflag:: You are doing it right thumbsup01

Howdy Spike!
When I mosied down to Texas, I made a side trip to Galveston thinking to try my first beach hunt.
I learned several things on my first ever visit to the Gulf of Mexico.
1. It can be colder than a mother-in-law's heart before dawn on the beach, even in Texas.
2. beaches can be really huge!
3. Not too many people use the beach in winter.
4. Ergo, not much to find either.
5. Beach hunting evidently requires much more patience than I have!

So, until I am completely healed up, I'll still be pounding tot lots. However, now that I'm getting better, I am starting to add grassy areas to my mix. Found out a couple of days ago that I am now able to kneel. That opens new vistas that I haven't been able to enjoy since August.

I wish you the best of luck on your hunts, and hope you find some really shpadoinkle stuff.
It is out there, all you gotta do is get your coil over it!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin
03-24-2011, 07:40 AM
Very nice Mel...You have some real nice finds there...
Down to a week and a half before the visit.... :yes:
Glad to hear the V3i is working well for you...

Howdy Pard!
I am looking forward to your visit and counting down the days!
As said before, I'll be happy to meet up with you at DIA. Likely as not, I'll be hanging out at the terminal when you arrive. Just need your flight info so I can be there when your plane lands.

I also cleared my schedule so I can be free whenever you are.
Hopefully we can dine out at some point and you can meet Pipster.
We can go to his restaurant and grab some grub maybe.

Anyhow, with the exception of a doctor visit real early on the 4th, I'm clear and ready to go!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin