PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Hunt

RobW
03-21-2011, 10:18 AM
My regular hunting Buddy got his new V3i last week and we reserved Saturday to get together for some hunting. We first hit an area that they just tore the street up, then we went to a farm that he had got us permission to hunt, just got mostly junk, never dug so much trash at a farm. We were on our way to another farm, and there was a guy, about 50ish, outside of a large old home, so we stopped and asked him if we could hunt there, he said he didn't mind. We were only there for a bit before his brother drove up and said that it was their mother's property and that the other brother did not have the authority to give permission, that it would have to be a family discussion and that IF they decided they wanted to do that they would and asked us to leave...so we did. We then literally went across the street to another old farm. For the day, I managed a few odds and ends, and Old Ford Key...it has a 41 on a diagnal and 55 straight:huh:, also found a Bell, a small ruler, a buckle, a pewter handle, and what I think is a large OLD button, which I will post more pics in the what is it Category

del
03-21-2011, 01:35 PM
hey Rob the bell looks pretty old with the silver wash or gilt still on it in places , glad you got out to play in the dirt . :grin:

silver star
03-21-2011, 03:15 PM
Congrats on the cool finds. Best of luck an HH. Mike

coinnut
03-21-2011, 06:48 PM
Still playing in the dirt?? lol We are like little kids sometimes thumbsup01 I think that is what keeps us young. :yes: I'm gonna dig some dirt soon I hope :-\ That is always an odd situation when another family member gets involved and squashes your fun. Makes you just want to leave and let them two duke it out lol

russellt
03-21-2011, 08:23 PM
at least you guys didnt get yelled at .. and you found some cool stuff. tell your friend with the V to look up the book of jack. it will help him get a handle on his new machine

giant056
03-22-2011, 01:15 AM
Great hunt and finds thumbsup01

Carver
03-22-2011, 07:02 AM
Those are some cool finds :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Civil War Nut
03-23-2011, 11:48 PM
Nice finds RW. You need to come on back to TEN. and do some hunting. We go look for that yellow stuff in them hills.

Epi-hunter
03-24-2011, 08:22 AM
Congrats on the relics! I really like the bell :)

odave
03-24-2011, 01:17 PM
Cool Bell !! Congrats thumbsup01