PDA

View Full Version : Cloak Button 16/1700's?

RobW
03-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Found this on Saturday, I think it might be an old cloak button from the 1600s-1700s? But that is only a guess. Dan, George...Looking to ya'lls expertise in this area!?

del
03-21-2011, 01:43 PM
hmmm :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: i've never seen a back like that on a cloak button , is there an actual loop or just that stud looking thing :huh: because the image of it looks more like a cuff button which is different from cufflinks , a cuff button just has a curved stud with a balled up end . theres no backmark or makers mark stamped in the back is there:huh: lets see what Coinnut has to say he's into man jewelry lol lol

RobW
03-21-2011, 01:46 PM
This thing is HUGE! Little smaller than a silver dollar, but bigger than a half, and is heavy. There is no loop, the post does curve a bit, and there is no makers marks, and looks handmade.

coinnut
03-21-2011, 02:20 PM
I've watched Dan wear a lot of gaudy, costume jewelry, and it isn't anything that he has worn :thinkingabout: So I'm guessing some sort of decoration for a horse or carriage or maybe even an odd rosette of some sorts. As for the 1600's part?, anything is possible, but we don't have that much from that time period here, and a good majority of that would probably be pewter. I'm guessing late 17's early 18's, but that's just a wild guess. Nice screaming find though....got any eardrums left? lol

RobW
03-21-2011, 02:46 PM
Maybe.... :confused: :dontknow:

If I can ever break away for a marathon with you guys, I'll bring it along

coinnut
03-21-2011, 02:51 PM
If I can ever break away for a marathon with you guys, I'll bring it along

Better do it soon, cause we are going out again this weekend, although I don't know where :dontknow:..... but I still like the sites we visited last week. I believe in hitting it again even thought it didn't give up the coppers last time lol Never surrender ;) So get some time off and join us for a marathon...it is good for losing at least 5 lbs and some of your dignity rofl

Toadman
03-21-2011, 10:29 PM
The cloak button was an awesome guess !! :clapping: :clapping: I'm still liking the guess, and i did some poking around too.Still looking.... :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

RobW
03-22-2011, 08:45 AM
Thanks Toadman...at least someone believes in me lol

coinnut
03-22-2011, 07:15 PM
Thanks Toadman...at least someone believes in me lol

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: We do believe in you ...really we do. Just like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny lol Rob it's obviously the Jolly Green Giant's cuff button rofl

RobW
03-23-2011, 09:35 AM
As my momma always said...If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. :lipssealed: :lipssealed: :lipssealed:

lol

aloldstuff
03-23-2011, 09:47 AM
Well Rob, don't ya just love digging something great even though you have no what idea what it is....Having held this item I can say its heavy, brass, probably some teenagers earring

Toadman
03-23-2011, 11:56 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: We do believe in you ...really we do. Just like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny lol Rob it's obviously the Jolly Green Giant's cuff button rofl

:shocked04: :shocked04: I totally disagree ! :teasing: He always had short sleeves ! lol lol

coinnut
03-23-2011, 06:12 PM
:shocked04: :shocked04: I totally disagree ! :teasing: He always had short sleeves ! lol lol

Only for the photo shoots lol

russellt
04-09-2011, 06:43 PM
looks like a broken off cuff link .. just a guess though