PDA

View Full Version : a couple of wheaties

v3ikid
03-21-2011, 08:25 PM
I got out Saturday and had a pretty uneventful hunt. It was a very nice day out and i dug 54 coins in less then 5 hours. Pretty close to an average of 1 coin every 5 minutes.
The cool thing was i could hold all the junk i found in the palm of my hand. I really liked that part.
I did get a first though, I found my first $1 coin. It was a 2000 Sacagawea. I wish they were all dollar coins :clapping:.

Today i went back to the same park that i went to Saturday where last weekend i found the Indians, Merc and Sterling silver ring. I only found 19 coins today but at the end of the hunt i was outside of the fairly new fenced in pool.

All of the ground around this pool was all reworked when the new pool was built about five years ago. I hit this spot beings it was on the way back to the truck. I get a hit at 4 1/2 and it was a 1941 wheat. Then about three steps away was a 1928 wheat.
So i didn't get totally skunked on the old stuff. Then i thought. a 1928 just 2 deep HUMMM, Id probably better come back and cover this area real good this must either been moved up when they worked the ground or it was hauled in as fill dirt. Either way i'm going back and cover it good. :yes:

Thanks for looking

russellt
03-21-2011, 08:27 PM
nothing wrong with that hunt at all ....there in good shape too

CyberSage
03-21-2011, 08:46 PM
Nice hunt Kid! You really are getting the hang of that V3i. I can see that you are hunting in three dimensions already. This alone will get you those good finds. Take your time and hit that high pitched trash from all angles. Thanks for sharing your hunts here on the forum. I know you will be pulling some great stuff out of the ground this year. :yes:

Jack

Epi-hunter
03-21-2011, 10:18 PM
Very nice :) :) When you find the old wheats, the silvers will be there, just keep looking. Awesome hunt. 54 coins in 5 hours is huge. :happydance01:

v3ikid
03-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Thanks Jack, I've been trying to put in as much time as possible with the V. I know i spent at least 30 hours in my own yard and the neighbors yard before i ventured out away from home.

I was getting so frustrated at times but i kinda set it up that way. For me it's the only way to learn. The two houses in these yards date back to the early 30's. I had found 2 Mercs, 1 Indian head and 1 War nickel all of last summer and fall with the MXT along with several wheaties after hunting them at least 100 times. With the V I have added 3 new Wheats and a silver Rosie.

These two yards have the worst of the worst around here. Low hanging power lines :bangahead01:
Trash everywhere :hairpulling: and more nails then Lowes and Home depot put together. :twirlingeyes:

Great training grounds for learning. What i learned most is: You guessed it - What NOT to dig. lol

Yep, had times i wanted to bury the detector and go inside and get the MXT but all in all I only took the MXT out once since I got the V. I will keep the MXT for a backup but i remember the day i used it. I thought the whole time it was like WOW what a difference and i knew once I got up to some kind of par the V would be a killer.

I still have a long way to go especially with your correlate program. :hairpulling: but little at a time i've been using it and i will get the hang of it. It will probably take me learning to slow down a little more but i'm getting there.

As much as other things are important on this machine to me at this point one of the things i think that will help the new users with this monster is the audio.

A bad set up on audio can make a great program drive you nuts. As soon as you figure out what sounds to program where it improves your confidence a whole lot.

For the people that want to accept everything in the positive range I say start out just using 3 to 4 tones. Some will come to like this, some will add more as they learn what they are telling them. I couldn't imagine using all the tones that are on there. :hairpulling:

So far in the love hate relationship with the V, i'm loving it more then i'm hating it now. :yes:

Your correlate program is next on my list of programs to get fimiliar with. It seems a little tricky but that's half the fun. Thanks to everyone for all the information, it really is helpful. Don't know where i'd be without it.

giant056
03-22-2011, 01:13 AM
Congrats on the wheats V3iKid thumbsup01 they're in great shape too.

Carver
03-22-2011, 07:03 AM
Keep hitting that spot,,,hope you hit the silver thumbsup01 thumbsup01

odave
03-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Congrats on the Wheats thumbsup01