PDA

View Full Version : Two old buttons and my first 1/4 CENT!!!

Spike
03-21-2011, 08:44 PM
I was back at the field where I found my two oldest coins with the At pro running in Pro zero. It sounded like a machine gun rofl as much iron and junk that was there but it was just unbelievable the way it would hit on small targets through the iron the lead from a .22 cal would stand out with no problem. I went on a beach hunt Sun. with :daydream: of gold and jewelry only to find tracks back and forth across the whole beach :mad: found nothing good but was able to find an earring back and was loud and clear :shocked04: I am sure everyone is tired of the talk of the At pro but it is all the hype and more if it had a more fine tune discrimination I would have no use for any other detector thumbsup01 The brass thingy :dontknow: was at least 14 in deep and clear as a bell. By the way i'm liking my At pro rofl rofl rofl rofl And ya that is what is left of a LC how the ---- did that happend :ticked: :ticked: :ticked:

mike l
03-21-2011, 11:18 PM
Can't explain that large cent, but cool finds none the less! :peace:

Carver
03-22-2011, 07:06 AM
Way cool!!! Looks like a cut copper,,,like they used to do on old silvers :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Salty Dog
03-22-2011, 01:26 PM
interesting finds,no idea what the brass thingy is :dontknow:

del
03-22-2011, 01:53 PM
nice relics and cut cent , Spike :clapping: :clapping: , the button looks to be an old one with that backmark ( maybe around 1790's to 1815 ) and whats left of the large cent could be a matron head type (1816 to 1839) as for the other item i'm still up in the air as to what it is .

Dan

jkress
03-22-2011, 02:26 PM
Nice finds Spike. :clapping: Makes you wonder on that copper. :confused:
Congrats on the button too.

Evan/tn
03-22-2011, 04:37 PM
Neat digging a piece of a large thumbsup01,good buttons too,by the way do you like the AT pro? :grin:

coinnut
03-22-2011, 06:56 PM
So Spike, what you are telling us is you Don't like your AT Pro? rofl rofl Just had to bust you on it. Nice quarter cent. Believe it or not, there was a time when you would still demand a quarter cent back :yes: Left over from the farthing days I guess. :dontknow: The other piece which kinda looked like a piece of scissors (minus the two rivets) may be a candle stick holder. If you extend some flat stock from them rivets you can mount a candle holder there. Just a wild guess :confused:

odave
03-24-2011, 01:29 PM
Way cool!!! Looks like a cut copper,,,like they used to do on old silvers :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

My thoughts as well ..Congrats thumbsup01