PDA

View Full Version : I Solved My Audio In PP Beyond 6!!!

MartinL
03-22-2011, 02:18 PM
OK, I've not put the digger to the ground since the nickel target is one I self buried last year, roughly at 9-10 Well, this should be good news to everyone here who has had to listen to me belly-ache about this issue. I'd mirrored all of the audio and threshold settings for most all programs during this quest of discovery. I also need to add that I don't elect to wear headphones on purpose, but I will when I venture out in public, so I may have learned something sooner if I had used the phones a lot. The problem has been one unchecked box all this time, an Audio Boost switch under the Live Controls-Search Audio leg.

Here are my conclusion for my conditions. The default for the V3i settings must assume that you will be a headphone user, so the switch is off for the boost switch, because BEFORE, without the headphones, I'd hit 6 in pinpoint and lose the VCO tone completely, yet the display would continue to read more depth, but was silent. NOW, I am able to get an audible tone in PP mode, mirroring the movement of the deeper numbers on the display. I hit 9 1/4 and I could hear faint tone today on that one with naked ears,,,danged!

You guys have been very patiently putting up with the negativity I've expressed over months of time, stubbornly fighting against shipping the V back to Oregon. Thank you all of your patience and help. One little setting made the difference for PP tone after 6 for this non headphone hunter. I'll dig deeper stuff now, I have no doubt. I hope this will answer some of the others who have chimed in with me about the same problem. I will, of course, enjoy finding the first 8-10 coin.

martin

del
03-22-2011, 03:28 PM
so Martin the audio boost is just for the pinpoint/vco mode on the machine :confused: :confused: that would seem odd not to have it tied into the regular volume controls . i'm glad you have remedied the problem and heres to you hearing those deep goodies . :beerbuddy:

MartinL
03-22-2011, 03:43 PM
The setting is under the Search Audio(Live Controls/Zoom) so it doesn't specifically point directly at the PP mode. Maybe it runs in tandem with the PP audio, but for whatever reason, the depths now sound beyond 6 in pinpoint. If it is a tandem process, then the new searches might bring in more deeper targets in Disc search as well. It is just thrilling to now see and hear the beyond 6 targets. Odd thing is that the Disc searches has exhibited 8-9-10 finds, but it was the headphoneless PP audio after 6 that never tracked with the active search data.

I can't honestly put the audio boost switch turned on as PP related for any logical reason, but it did the trick here. I've had this problem since day one with the V3i and doubted the ability of the machine all that while for depth. Who knows the whys of it all ;-) martin

UPDATE. I for sanity switched off the Audio Boost to retest the audio ability after 6 and now it reads with audio 7-8-9. I should have mentioned that I also did a hard reset yesterday evening, NOT the Master reset, just the battery pull deal. Maybe I didn't give it a good college try after the hard reset, and the audio issue was working before setting the audio boost on. It is just nice to see and actually hear the ranges beyond 6. I can't imagine what harm the Audio Boost being on would cause, so I may switch it back on later.

So now we have two possible answers for the new VCO sound after 6...the hard reset, or the audio boost. Hmmmmmmmm

CyberSage
03-22-2011, 04:20 PM
Looks like this is a feature found on the V3i only. Here is the description from the manual...

Audio Boost – Boost the audio levels of Stereo Mixed mode; compensates for splitting the audio
into two channels, left and right ear.

Interesting that it would have an effect on pin pointing. Are you using stereo mixed mode Martin? I am very glad to hear you are getting your pin point depth now. Great Job!

MartinL
03-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Looks like this is a feature found on the V3i only. Here is the description from the manual...

Audio Boost – Boost the audio levels of Stereo Mixed mode; compensates for splitting the audio
into two channels, left and right ear.

Interesting that it would have an effect on pin pointing. Are you using stereo mixed mode Martin? I am very glad to hear you are getting your pin point depth now. Great Job!

Check my updated post, cuz it could very easily have been a hard reset that fixed it. The Audio Boost might have been an accidental placebo. martin

Sorry I didn't answer your question Jack. No I am not running mixed mode. ml

CyberSage
03-22-2011, 04:33 PM
I see the update now, thanks Martin. I am glad that it is working correctly now. Come on deep coins! lol

v3ikid
03-22-2011, 05:00 PM
I'm glad to hear you got it figured out martin. Sounds like you'll be hitting them deep coins before you know it. Good luck thumbsup01

MartinL
03-22-2011, 10:28 PM
Well, with some practice and a really slow moving coil during PP, I can actually still hear a faint tone even at 13. I don't know yet what's down there at 13, might be total junk. I've only worked with the new experience of hearing the audio, and have not dug a hole that deep since the discovery today. I am going to have to assume that the corrected tone ability past 6 happened after the hard reset. I'll betcha that the fiddling around with the settings right after I got the V3i mixed up the firmware somehow, or that one time that the battery got low and the display went all crazy, may have scrambled it's little brain. It makes no difference now if I turn off the Audio Boost or turn it on.

My shovel will be a little busy tomorrow here in the yard. I think hunting the yard again is going to be almost like a totally new place to hunt for me, being that there's deeper signals running with deep PP audio now. Between finding an answer to why Jack's Correlate program wasn't giving a threshold hum(simple switch setting I missed), and this resolution to the PP audio problem, which I have had since last summer,,,it has been a very good day! martin

RWJR13
03-23-2011, 05:27 AM
Awesome to hear Martin........