PDA

View Full Version : Sold Some Gold, Bought a Toy, Met Deuce!

M-Taliesin
03-23-2011, 10:40 AM
Howdy Pardners and Pardnerettes!
Yesterday turned out to be a real busy day for this hombre! Thank goodness I'll be working 8 hours today because I need the rest!

A member from the White's forum (his handle is Deuce) drove out to Longmont from his home in Utah, and we met up there for breakfast and a quick hunt afterward. Longmont is about 50 miles from my house, so it was pretty much in the neighborhood by contrast with the distance Deuce covered. He didn't have his detector along, so I let him swing my MXT Pro while I hunted with my V3i. We found some clad, but nothing to write home about really. I did demonstrate how using a GPS made finding places to hunt really easy, because I don't actually know my way around Longmont. Oh, and I discovered that I was able to kneel in order to dig targets from grassy areas for the first time, and celebrated by doing that several times on this hunt.

After we parted company, I drove back to Aurora and dropped by my local gun shop and shooting range. I decided I really deserved a new toy and after the background check cleared, walked out with a Ruger .40 cal P94 pistol and some ammo. Now I can't hardly wait to visit the pistol range and send a bit of lead downrange. But at that particular time, I had bigger fish to fry.

I'd decided to sell some of my gold and went to visit a gentleman who gives me a fair price down in the far south end of town. I got there and sold some of my gold and walked out with a nice check for $475.00 to bolster my bank account.

After Pipster got home, he checked out my new pistol and thought I'd made a real good purchase and suggested we visit the pistol range on our next days off together. We aim (no pun intended) to do that tomorrow (Thursday) and I can barely wait. There is something real satisfying about slinging a little lead in the morning!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

JTGOLD
03-23-2011, 11:14 AM
thats a nice hefty bit of change for your gold Mel,and that gun looks like a real nice gun to carry when out in the wilds just in case ya see a rattle snake or two or who ever lol lol

zrickkid
03-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Nice gat you got there!

M-Taliesin
03-24-2011, 07:43 AM
Howdy Folks!
Pipster is off work today. Whenever he regains consciousness, I'm gonna try to drag him off to the pistol range and give my new Ruger a workout! I expect she'll demonstrate clearly enough that she can handle any rattlesnakes I might encounter, including the two legged variety. Now all I need is the CCL permit.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

exsquid
03-24-2011, 02:52 PM
Nice looking .40 cal Mel.

Looks handy for use with that CC license...

No more feeling lonely when you MD... :grin:

russellt
03-24-2011, 10:21 PM
i like my p-90.. its a straight shooter and a hard hitter. i like german cars and german guns..........ruger is a quality piece..

fastfwd
03-25-2011, 05:29 AM
Nice looking rig ! Your going to love that 40 s/w round, i got a Taurus 24/7 in 40 cal and its just a great carry rig .. :happydance01: :happydance01: :clapping: :clapping:

M-Taliesin
03-25-2011, 11:11 AM
Nice looking rig ! Your going to love that 40 s/w round, i got a Taurus 24/7 in 40 cal and its just a great carry rig ..

Howdy Pard!
Pipster and I went down to the pistol range yesterday, and I put 100 rounds through the gun and really enjoyed shooting it.

It took a little while to get myself dialed in, but once I did, my strikes at 7 yards were pretty much all in that little area near the precise center. I also experimented with firing single handed, and still managed to make little holes in the target.

Then last night, Pipster and I went out gunning for gold, and I managed to hit the mark again with a 10k gold bracelet. But that's another story waiting to be told once I've shot some photos!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin