PDA

View Full Version : This looks like a great place :)

staydetuned
03-24-2011, 08:23 PM
Howdy everybody! My name is Jayson and I've been detecting for about 6 years in California, from Santa Cruz, to Orange County, and now to San Francisco. Started with a DFX, and now mostly swing a dirty old Explorer II :)

I'm a regular poster on the California Kinzli Forum, and have been lurking around here for the last few months (I actually stumbled on this because, a few years ago, I had an ide to create a detecting magazine - I was going to call it American Detectorist! :twirlingeyes: ) I must say, I really like what I see :) It looks like a lot of great people having a great time, good information, good posts, pretty layout, and not a lot of the bickering you see on some of the other forums.

It's always fun to hear about all the good stuff you guys get to dig up in other (older!) parts of the country. While the big forums are fun to look at too, this one seems a little more homey and comfortable, so hopefully I'll be able to do some posting, and find a place on here as well :)

Anyway, I look forward to hanging out. Keep up the good work!

Jayson

PS - Here's a dorky shot from a month or so ago. Notice the rubber strap I had to steal from a nearby tree after my arm cup broke that day :crazy:

odave
03-24-2011, 08:33 PM
Welcome aboard Jayson thumbsup01

Epi-hunter
03-24-2011, 08:36 PM
Hey Jayson, glad to have you here :) Thanks for posting the intro and photo... looking forward to seeing more of your posts :yes:

coinnut
03-24-2011, 08:50 PM
Hey Jayson, welcome aboard form a still kinda cold Massachusetts :frozen: Will Spring ever really get here? lol Glad you found us and look forward to seeing some of those S mintmark coins posted :drool:

staydetuned
03-24-2011, 09:03 PM
Thanks odave, Epi-hunter, and coinnut!! :grin: Yep, here I'm complaining about a little rain when you guys get the REAL weather over there. Having grown up in CA, I don't know how you guys do it, especially watching vids of you guys chisel coins out of frozen solid ground!

Coinnut, just posted a 15S dime in my first Coinshooting post. That's one good thing about living in CA, especially in SF - Lots of S mints! I've got some good key-dates, including a 1909-S VDB penny I dug about 2 years ago happydance02

That said, I might trade the S mints (maybe even the weather) for some nice colonial, Revolutionary War... heck, even some CIVIL War history!

angellionel
03-24-2011, 09:13 PM
Welcome aboard Jayson! Glad to have you join us. thumbsup01 Looking forward to seeing what's being dug down your way. :yes:

russellt
03-24-2011, 09:13 PM
looks like you are ready to dig :cheering:.. go get em jayson. welcome thumbsup01

RaZR
03-24-2011, 09:17 PM
Welcome Jayson!

del
03-25-2011, 02:51 AM
Hello Jayson , great intro with picture no less :clapping: :clapping: well done . welcome to the forum and believe me i never get tired of seeing barbers come out of the ground , glad you could join us here and keep those pictures of S mint marked coins comming :beerbuddy:

Dan

staydetuned
03-25-2011, 03:29 AM
Thanks guys. I really appreciate the warm welcome! I'll try to keep the goodies flowing :) :)

aloldstuff
03-25-2011, 06:59 AM
Jayson, I to am new here, stick around, its gonna be alot of fun. Can't wait to see your posts. aloldstuff

jkress
03-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Hi Jayson, welcome aboard. :peace:
Great intro. :yes: All of what you said about American Detectorist are the exact reasons I enjoy it as well.
Looks like you do very well out there on the left coast. I was drooling over the Barbers and IH's you posted recently.
Good luck from Iowa. thumbsup01

staydetuned
03-25-2011, 09:01 PM
Thanks al :)

jkress, where in Iowa are you located? If you liked my first post you'll love this: I went to Sioux City for a family reunion a few years back. I brought my detector and this is what I got my first afternoon out. It was a dream!

jkress
03-25-2011, 09:15 PM
:shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04:
I'd certainly agree that is a dream hunt. Well done. :clapping:
I'm straight east across the state from Sioux City. Right at the Wisconsin/Illinois/Iowa border... Dubuque.

Carl in Louisiana
03-26-2011, 12:09 PM
Welcome aboard thumbsup01 :shocked04: Nice finds very nice finds thumbsup01 :happydance01:

M-Taliesin
03-26-2011, 12:14 PM
Howdy Amigo!
Welcome to the forum! I'm your friendly neighborhood Colorado Gold Slinger inviting you to post your little heart out! This is a fine forum and I'm pretty certain you'll enjoy yourself around these parts!

I'm a bit behind in posting the latest gold I found a couple of evenings back, but expect to do that sometime tonight. Meanwhile, it is nice out there, so I'm going out to plunder the town!

Jump right in and have a great time here, and on every hunt you undertake!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

zrickkid
03-26-2011, 03:37 PM
That was a great hunt in Iowa Jayson! :omg: Welcome to the forum.

Jeff (or)
03-26-2011, 05:41 PM
Hey Jayson, great to have you here!!! 8)

Carver
03-27-2011, 07:40 AM
Good to see ya Jayson :groovy:

JTGOLD
03-27-2011, 09:17 AM
this is a great place and welcome to the forum.

staydetuned
03-27-2011, 12:17 PM
Thanks so much guys!!! :blush:

M-Taliesen - Any day you get to hunt is a shpadoinkle day! The sky is blue, and all the leaves are green...: rofl

Cheap Thrills
03-27-2011, 02:30 PM
Welcome aboard Jayson , It's good to see one of the West Coast's heavy hitters here representing. thumbsup01 8) :clapping:

Get yourself one of those aluminum arm cups they are well worth the money . I missed out on some great hunting with my Explorer and had to use a detector with less than half the depth at a spot with a limited time window .The better stuff was just out of my reach. :bangahead01: I'm surprised Minelab hasn't done anything about those brittle arm cups . I don't have to worry about that problem any more . ;)

:groovy: ,
Sheik

staydetuned
03-27-2011, 03:58 PM
Thanks Sheik... Can you PM me the link for where you them?

I never thought about the fact they could break. It was strange because I'd just set my machine down to dig, without even touching it, and heard a strange sound. Looked back and it was broken. The rubber tourniquet worked ok for the rest of the day, but it hurt!

Cheap Thrills
03-27-2011, 04:59 PM
Message sent . thumbsup01

SeabeeRon
03-27-2011, 09:08 PM
Hey Jason, just now seeing your Intro post, sorry! :blush: You will be a great addition to this forum. Good to see another Bay Area guy here! :cheering: Maybe you can get your buddy Dan to join over here as well, can never be on too many forums! ;) 8)

Ill Digger
03-29-2011, 10:47 PM
Hey Jayson!!
Welcome to the forum from the corn fields of Illinois!! :grin:

giant056
03-30-2011, 08:34 AM
Welcome aboard Jayson thumbsup01