PDA

View Full Version : My first Post Here - Barbers and Indians from my last hunt :)

staydetuned
03-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Hello everybody :white:usaflag:: <-----(Need a waving emoticon :) )

I just posted an introduction... http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=5021.0 :)

I've been lurking on this site for a little while now and finally decided to post something! I really like the layout, and more importantly it seems like a nice, mellow place with some good people and good finds thumbsup01 I spend most of my time on my local forum, but I hope I can post often here and contribute at least a little bit!

So here's some eye candy from my last hunt, which was about a week ago up in Sacramento (it's been raining nonstop for a while now :( ) It was a good little hunt which included my first Barbers for the year and a nice little 4-Indian pocket spill :happydance01: Looking forward to getting back out there when this rain finally lets up. And then hopefully I can get a little better play-by-play for you guys, and some more pics of the action!

(And a closeup of the Barbers, including a 15-S which is in pretty good shape. The other 2 are plain.

So far I've got 44 silver for the year, which I'd love to add to if this rain would finally stop!!! >:\ >:\ :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for looking, and I hope to be making many posts in the future!

Jayson

nachotreasure
03-24-2011, 08:57 PM
Those look like some really nice finds. Barbers seem to elude me. I'm jealous. Welcome to the forum. Jeff

Dana Point Val
03-24-2011, 09:00 PM
Hey Jay decided to come join up with you. Nice loot!

Epi-hunter
03-24-2011, 09:03 PM
You have 44 silvers for the year? As in 2011? :shocked04:

I have yet to even get out. :crying02:

Some very nice finds Jayson. I especially love the barbers... one of my favorite coins. :)

staydetuned
03-24-2011, 09:05 PM
Thanks guys! :) One of my favorites too... Hehe, I just posted in the Introductions about the trade-off in History for Weather between our coasts... I keep forgetting it's still a bit chilly over there!

russellt
03-24-2011, 09:36 PM
looks like a wiiner to me !!!!!! :peace:

jkress
03-24-2011, 10:02 PM
That is one heck of a hunt. :peace:. Glad you decided to start posting.
Love those Barbers and IH's. :smitten:. I was hoping for a hunt like that today... didn't happen. :rolleyes:
Congrats on an awesome hunt.

coinnut
03-24-2011, 11:29 PM
Nice looking coins :clapping: That '15 S is a low mintage Barber. Congrats on such a great start on the silver count.

Cheap Thrills
03-25-2011, 12:56 AM
Sweet finds and welcome to the forum . thumbsup01 8) :clapping:

del
03-25-2011, 03:01 AM
:shocked04: 44 silver coins so far , wow theres this guy here named Angel and boy is he been slacking off lately lol rofl lol Jayson thats a great amount of silver coins sir :clapping: :clapping: congrats ... especially the 15-S . thumbsup01

Salty Dog
03-25-2011, 04:27 AM
Welcome to the forum Jay,you got yourself a hot spot for sure,congrats on the great recoverys,I like the locket :smitten:,pretty cool stuff,can't wait to see what you dig next,Dave

aloldstuff
03-25-2011, 07:10 AM
Really nice finds, keepem comin, sorry about the rain, ya right, trade ya, rain for cold temps.

exsquid
03-25-2011, 07:14 AM
Very cool. Nice to see some pics of finds like that... WTG!!

Evan/tn
03-25-2011, 07:23 AM
Dang your smokin :shocked04:
Great digs an hope it drys out for ya soon

RobW
03-25-2011, 08:42 AM
:shocked04: Holy........ Wow one hunt is 2:blackeye: better than my whole year so far! :envious: :envious:

Congrats! :clapping:

diggerdave
03-25-2011, 05:14 PM
Congradulations on the barbers and indians!! They are something I have yet to find. I've seen your finds on another forum that I go to also.
Hopfully we'll meet detecting someday. I always detect alone and have only meet one other detectorist while detecting. My friends and kids are not into detecting.
DAVE

milco
03-25-2011, 06:23 PM
Wow and welcome to AD! Outstanding stuff! Congrats on those and the 44 so far this year!

staydetuned
03-25-2011, 09:15 PM
Thanks a lot for the replies guys, I kinda like this place :) It was a good hunt, to be sure; it'd been a little while since my last barber...

Dave, where are you located? I recognize your name as well. If you're nearby and you'd like to get out, just let me know :)

Del, I've heard of this guy Angel :grin: :drool: another reason I wanted to take part in this forum! :) (Speaking of which, is there a post of his silver totals for the last couple years? I'd LOVE to stare at some of those pics for a while...

del
03-25-2011, 09:19 PM
Thanks a lot for the replies guys, I kinda like this place :) It was a good hunt, to be sure; it'd been a little while since my last barber...

Dave, where are you located? I recognize your name as well. If you're nearby and you'd like to get out, just let me know :)

Del, I've heard of this guy Angel :grin: :drool: another reason I wanted to take part in this forum! :) (Speaking of which, is there a post of his silver totals for the last couple years? I'd LOVE to stare at some of those pics for a while...

hey Jayson he just finished up his four or five part 2010 year in review in this same category , he broken it down by a couple of months ata a time .

heres a link to his last one and others

http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=4882.msg58297#msg58297

odave
03-26-2011, 09:30 AM
Sweet bunch of finds Jayson !!
I hear You on the Rain ...will it ever stop :hairpulling: :hairpulling: :hairpulling:

I'm over in the East Bay when I'm not up in the Mountains
which has more snow now than i've ever seen.. :ticked: :bangahead01: :bangahead01: >:\

Carver
03-27-2011, 07:58 AM
Man,, you are on a roll !!!

SeabeeRon
03-29-2011, 09:07 PM
Awesome Jayson!! Is this from when you were up there with Tom? Good to see you posting here! :cheering:

jus_beachy
03-30-2011, 08:55 AM
Watch out for this character... He is the human Hoover Vacume for old silver coins...

(But a heck of a nice guy... So it balances out) :yes:
I always have a great time hunting with this guy and he is always quick to share listening too's.

Looking forward to more posts!!

staydetuned
03-30-2011, 11:50 AM
Thanks guys :embarrassed:

Dave, PM me if you ever want to get out; haven't been to the East Bay in a little while, but I've got a few sites a little further East I've been wanting to check out. I usually work on weekends and have some weekdays free, but it will be random now that the Giants are playing again (I work at bar/restaurant a block from the ballpark.)

Ron, yep, that was the hunt :) It's good to be here.

Beachy, yeah, that's what makes hunting with others fun and educational - all the listen tos :)