PDA

View Full Version : Never Any Good Luck With Custom Programs!

MartinL
03-25-2011, 03:33 PM
I have tried every V3i custom program listed on two boards, Fox's, Magics, Jacks, yada yada yada...and none test near as good on my small test garden. Last one I tried today was Magics(again) and like the others I have tried, I get a signal on a buried nickel, in only one direction, and there is an enormous amount of circus show noises all over. Yes, I did a good manual GB. Yes, I varied my sweep speed...I gave it the old college try. It's not just Magics program. I continue to get decent behavior ONLY with the factory programs. Jack's, Roberts salt compensation, Fox's,,,,there are more but I can't remember those by name, all have given the same eradic results. If I only use the factory programs, I have to wonder if I am missing lots of stuff, cuz you veterans didn't compose these programs, and get praise from others, without merit, plus I am still trying to break the barrier and actually dig a coin in the 7-10 range. I made progress on the PP and audio sound displaying deeper signals beyond 6, but the search mode with these custom programs has failed every time.

Thank God there wasn't a tree close to me today when I tested the garden. I never felt like smashing a detector, or hardly anything, as much as today after seeing and hearing a tone on my buried 4 nickel in ONLY one direction, never could produce the signal in both until I went to the factory C&J. This V3i has to be a female, never works the same two times in a row, and loves to see me unhappy :-(

I really must be missing something, but if it was a defective piece of equipment, then the factory program should be hosed up as well. Getting no tone on a l-r swing, yet a good tone r-l swing, using ultra slow swings, to fast and everything in-between, with the custom programs is dam'd irritating.

Maybe I can still find a tree! martin

Carl in Louisiana
03-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Martin you have had nothing but trouble with that machine and I think you should call White's and send that joker back to them for repairs or replacement or maybe they will let you get some other detector. :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

MartinL
03-25-2011, 04:36 PM
Martin you have had nothing but trouble with that machine and I think you should call White's and send that joker back to them for repairs or replacement or maybe they will let you get some other detector. :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

I should maybe already know this answer, but if I did send it in for service(it is less than a year into it's 2yr warranty) and they indeed find a problem and fix it...will they at least pay return shipping since it is failure of equipment and well under warranty?

All this jazz about Whites CS being so good ain't worth much if you look at round trip shipping. I wish that I had bought the thing here locally, instead outta Florida in mail order. Oh well. martin

Carl in Louisiana
03-25-2011, 05:49 PM
I should maybe already know this answer, but if I did send it in for service(it is less than a year into it's 2yr warranty) and they indeed find a problem and fix it...will they at least pay return shipping since it is failure of equipment and well under warranty?

All this jazz about Whites CS being so good ain't worth much if you look at round trip shipping. I wish that I had bought the thing here locally, instead outta Florida in mail order. Oh well. martin

Martin call Carl at White's and talk with him and explain the situation to him and ask if they will pay shipping it just might work if you call them. Nothing is going to work out for you if you don't give it a try that Sir is for sure.

RWJR13
03-25-2011, 07:09 PM
....call them up Martin...... :blackeye:

CyberSage
03-25-2011, 08:36 PM
yada yada yada

lol

You will get there. Keep at it Martin.

Jack

MartinL
03-26-2011, 08:42 AM
Thanks all. It is just so odd that the stock C&J DOES ring out a tone in both directions, and is respectably quiet when generally hunting, unlike the custom programs I have tried. Logic says that the equipment is functioning correctly since the standard proggy functions, so I pre-conceive a clumsy conversation about these particular issues on a phone call to Whites.

I think I will do this: I will eventually send it in, under warranty, and see what I get out of it all, even if it does cost me the whole 50 in shipping. Then, if there is not something dramatic in performance, I will get rid of this V3i. Life is too short to dance with an ugly metal detector. I am not going to feed UPS/USPS/FEDEX $50 more than once. White's will have one chance at that price for each warranty issue. martin

RaZR
03-26-2011, 09:26 AM
I origanally was using the deep silver program at the fairgrounds looking for the silver coins. But to me it was like you say a circus caliope. So i switched over to the stock C/J
and dug even the iffy signals (soft one way too) and found that SLQ. I'm gonna need to take alot of time figureing this V3i out. So for now i'm gonna run the stock C/J till we know what each other are thinking! Hopefully i have many more years to learn this machine real well. And who knows i may find some great things while i learn. Mine is a recently upgraded V3 so i wouldn't think it's messed up. I think that it is just so sensitive it sees the coins in China! lol
Some day i'll figure out if i can turn off the tones for all the lower VDI's so i only hear the big silver sounds. (it may be possible but i'm not smart enough, yet!)

Lowjiber
03-26-2011, 11:12 AM
Just my $0.02...

I've found Yazoo's modified C&J program to be unstoppable in parks. It's similar to Magic's because they worked on variations together.

I run several varieties of Yazoo's program...changing freqs and filters depending on the soil conditions, etc.

texasboy112
04-13-2011, 01:28 AM
I'm sorry to hear about all of the problems you're having. I will tell you this, as my mentor (Lowjiber) knows, I found over 2,000 coins in three months with Yazoo's program, and plenty of nice jewelry. I've never had a problem that I was aware of. The unit, with Yazoo's program, works fine in my coin garden. Perhaps your problem is with the unit itself, even a Rolls Royce breaks down sometimes.