PDA

View Full Version : 5 fairgrounds finds

hockeyguy
03-25-2011, 07:35 PM
Yep, Scott me and John, Mr. MD, went out for a bit. Funny how Scott called me and John immediately after.
Anyway, yes, I had a tough start as my small digger went missing, my good shovel was broken, and my battery charge looked good, but that sucker shut down as soon as I fired her up! :white:usaflag:::bangahead01: SO, it was gonna be one of those days. Luckily Scott had some extra charge (as usual) so I borrowed it. Soone after, my shovel wouldn't dig any more so to the store I went for one and the AA's. :white:usaflag:: :beatdeadhorse:

I didn't like the new area so much but I walked around with my usual settings, whatever they are.....semi-auto, IM 22, ferrous, and I could find those pennies and dimes well. Finally I went to an area we had both hit well, but the soil conditions must have been right and the MD gods were on my side as I hit a merc :callme:....just knew it was a silver by the tone and the depth. It was near a garden that I thought I may have missed.

Continuing on, I moved the IM to 25 for ha's. I had a few good signals that turned out to be junk and then a 3 or 4 quarter which turned out to be the '41 thumbsup01...... oh yeah, there are 3 '41's. Kept moving in the circular motion but nothing. Came back to an area closeby and hit a lot of good sounds....so good and a large area I thought it was a big copper wire. Nonetheless, I dug hoping there was something good hiding and there was, another quarter and a merc in the same hole....god I love that.

A few feet away, 2 wheaties in the same hole. A few more feet and another quarter signal (00 26) and out came this canadian dime. I think it says 1914 but I cannot be sure. i am not familiar with these coins.

A bit later I finished with a silver bell but it's not Christmas Yet. I can't scan this one but it's pretty nice.

Soon after, I had to go so between the 3 of us we had 15 silvers in a few hours.
HH everyone and welcome back!

Aaron

del
03-25-2011, 07:40 PM
sweet coins Aaron , thats a good day even though it didn't start out as one ;) its nice to see you and Scott go out again . :cheering: :cheering:

jkress
03-25-2011, 09:04 PM
Man... very nice hunt Aaron. :clapping: Five awesome silvers... plus the bell. :happydance01:
Those fairgrounds sure have been producing for the hunters that take the time.
Congrats.

staydetuned
03-25-2011, 09:07 PM
Sweet! Gotta love the old fairgrounds. That's a hefty amount of silver for a short time's work; well done! thumbsup01

nachotreasure
03-25-2011, 09:50 PM
5 silvers YOU THE MAN |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:)

zrickkid
03-25-2011, 10:56 PM
WTG! hope you can find more.

Salty Dog
03-26-2011, 04:17 AM
Nice recovery from a slow to go start Aaron,you made up for it in the silver dept. :clapping:

odave
03-26-2011, 09:41 AM
Congrats on the Silvers !! Nice finds :clapping: :clapping:

coinnut
03-26-2011, 08:19 PM
Nice haul of silver :happydance01: :happydance01: You realize if that Canadian dime is a '14, that is the number 41 backwards :shocked01: Kinda wierd with that number that day. You should have played the lottery lol Nice to hear that silver sound again. :yes:

Carver
03-27-2011, 08:03 AM
Great amount of silver <: <: <: <: <: