PDA

View Full Version : Chilly Weekend Silver

angellionel
03-27-2011, 08:40 PM
Yesterday I had received a call from Scott (catskillcomics) and we had a short chat, but his mentioning finding silver got me itching for some myself. lol So late afternoon I headed to detect at a park for a couple of hours hoping to score with one or two silver coins. I did manage two mercury dimes and one Roosevelt dime. I also found several old wheat cents and other miscellaneous items.

Today I hit a nearby town common. It was cold because of strong winds, but I still managed to detect for about two hours. I found one Barber dime, an unrecognizable copper, and a few more wheat cents before calling it quits. :frozen:

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2011/March/silverdimes_032611_032711.jpg

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2011/March/largecopper_032711.jpg

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2011/March/wheatcents_032611_032711.jpg

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2011/March/misc_032611_032711.jpg

CTDirtFisher
03-27-2011, 08:42 PM
Nice nice nice :-)

odave
03-27-2011, 08:44 PM
Congrats on the Silver Angel !! Sweet Pic's thumbsup01

Carver
03-27-2011, 09:00 PM
Grads on the silver Angel!!!! I se you salvaged one of those red Mercs and a hem weight to boot!!!!!! <: <: <: <: <:

v3ikid
03-27-2011, 09:03 PM
Save some silver for the rest of us. lol Good job.

milco
03-27-2011, 09:29 PM
Very nice finds!

Salty Dog
03-28-2011, 04:34 AM
And so it has started thumbsup01,congrats on the silvers,you don't get them sitting home,Dave

giant056
03-28-2011, 05:58 AM
Excellent score on the silvers Angel thumbsup01

RobW
03-28-2011, 08:21 AM
He's back and already swinging for the fences! I thought it would still be too cold for ya :frozen:

As always...them's sum sweet digs :clapping:

coinnut
03-28-2011, 07:27 PM
Well about time you can out of hibernation lol Nice to see the silver is still there. Is that an ox knob too? I know someone who would kill for one of those to get one off of her list :cheesysmile:

Ill Digger
03-28-2011, 07:41 PM
So this is how it begins....this year lol
I wonder why the Merc is painted red :confused:
Sweet silver!!
Congrats :grin:

Epi-hunter
03-28-2011, 07:46 PM
Is that an ox knob too? I know someone who would kill for one of those to get one off of her list :cheesysmile:

He found three things on my 2011 list George. The first time out lol Ox knob, colonial copper, and barber :yes: Glad I didn't wish for a red merc lol

Very nice as usual Angel. It is good to see you out digging again ... means spring is here. :yes:

zrickkid
03-28-2011, 07:48 PM
Way to come out of hibernation Angel. You are off to a good start for 2011. :clapping:

pulltabsteve
03-28-2011, 07:49 PM
Congrats on the copper! Love the barber and the red dime too :yes:

jkress
03-28-2011, 07:52 PM
Nice couple of hunts Angel! :clapping: Bet if felt pretty good being out there again.
Glad to see you found a little time to find some goodies. thumbsup01

del
03-28-2011, 07:54 PM
great , way to go Scott ...
you've awaken the the man with the huge silver appetite :-\ lol lol

hey your getting a late start this year arn't ya :huh: but i see you started where you left off from last year . ;) very nice Angel but your suppose to leave them oxknobs for Coinnut , wish i could help you on id'ing that copper but it looks pretty toasty but would love to see it onced cleaned .good to see you out again .

SeabeeRon
03-28-2011, 07:56 PM
...and so it begins!! :drool: :twirlingeyes: :poke:

Cheap Thrills
03-28-2011, 09:37 PM
Angel , I'll bet your pile of coins from last year makes this guy's pile look pitiful . lol
It must feel good to get out again . thumbsup01

:groovy: ,
Sheik

angellionel
03-28-2011, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone. :beerbuddy: :beerbuddy:

Grads on the silver Angel!!!! I se you salvaged one of those red Mercs and a hem weight to boot!!!!!! <: <: <: <: <:

Yeah, and those hem weights do sound off nicely. lol

He's back and already swinging for the fences! I thought it would still be too cold for ya :frozen:

As always...them's sum sweet digs :clapping:

It was cold on Sunday for sure. :frozen: I'm now looking forward to summer. :grin:

Well about time you can out of hibernation lol Nice to see the silver is still there. Is that an ox knob too? I know someone who would kill for one of those to get one off of her list :cheesysmile:

It is an ox knob. lol I should have left it for Angie. lol

So this is how it begins....this year lol
I wonder why the Merc is painted red :confused:
Sweet silver!!
Congrats :grin:

When I first saw the merc with the red paint it took me back to when I was a kid, when I had one like it, but which I promptly spent on candy. lol Those were the days. :daydream:

He found three things on my 2011 list George. The first time out lol Ox knob, colonial copper, and barber :yes: Glad I didn't wish for a red merc lol

Very nice as usual Angel. It is good to see you out digging again ... means spring is here. :yes:

There are more of those cherished ox knobs just waiting for you to come along and dig them up. :cheesysmile: You may end up hating them more than zincolns. lol

Nice couple of hunts Angel! :clapping: Bet if felt pretty good being out there again.
Glad to see you found a little time to find some goodies. thumbsup01

It sure did. :happydance01: Except for the cold wind. :frozen: Who am I kidding! I loved it even then. rofl

hey your getting a late start this year arn't ya :huh: but i see you started where you left off from last year . ;) very nice Angel but your suppose to leave them oxknobs for Coinnut , wish i could help you on id'ing that copper but it looks pretty toasty but would love to see it onced cleaned .good to see you out again .

Yes, it is Scott's fault. lol Yeah, it is a very late start. :shocked01: This winter was brutal as you know. :frozen: Better late than never though. :happydance01:

Angel , I'll bet your pile of coins from last year makes this guy's pile look pitiful . lol
It must feel good to get out again . thumbsup01

:groovy: ,
Sheik

lol lol

It really is a thing of beauty. :smitten: And yes, it did feel great to be out again. :yes:

sniffy
03-29-2011, 06:11 PM
I have to hand it to ya, you are the best silver picker.

russellt
03-29-2011, 07:29 PM
congrats . great bunch of finds all the way around . coins were painted so that establishments who had jukeboxes could keep it playing with house money and thus , entertain their patrons. while at tthe end of the day ,,,,, they get their coins back to reuse the next day ..

catskillcomics
03-30-2011, 06:00 PM
I was wondering why you haven't been posting, or out hunting.. I thought maybe you were letting us get a lead before killing silver rofl
Glad you made it out Angel!! Great hunt as usual! thumbsup01

catskillcomics
03-30-2011, 06:02 PM

I swear that wasn't my intentions.. 8/

Toadman
03-30-2011, 06:12 PM
Nice hunt for sure ! <: <: <: <: