PDA

View Full Version : Winter won't quit

z118
03-28-2011, 10:24 AM
It's been a while... what was the earliest end to detecting last year due to Winter is being followed by what will be my latest start this Spring. We had a bit of a thaw mid March and I got out once briefly but then we got another 6 inches of snow and the temps have not been above freezing since. The ground is still frozen and detecting would be neither possible or pleasant.

I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing though I'm not sure how this year will pan out. In the past 4 years I've hit my usual spots pretty hard and finds are starting to slow down. I did get permission over the Winter to hunt a new promising location (private property) which I doubt has ever been detected. I guess we'll have to see how it goes.

Happy hunting!

Epi-hunter
03-28-2011, 10:56 AM
Hi z, it's good to see you back! Spring is not far off :) The private property opportunity sounds great. Looking forward to seeing what you find!

del
03-28-2011, 02:13 PM
i agree Z the weather is very :crazy: this year , we detected in almost 7o degrees one weekend and since its been almost in the freezing temps :frozen: . its kinda hard to enjoy yourself when you can't feel your finger tips. lol lol hang in there buddy you'll be out and finding some goodies soon , best of luck on your new prospect property.

Dan

steve in so az
03-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Yo Z - Cant say I feel your pain as it's almost too hot here already. There is no perfect place I guess. Your new site sounds promising, keep us posted ! steve in so az

Toadman
03-29-2011, 04:15 PM
Tommorow will be my first day back to work this year.. normally i go back march 1st...... :mad:

russellt
03-29-2011, 06:40 PM
yep it was 52 here today . normally about 75 right about now

SeabeeRon
03-29-2011, 09:03 PM
Hey Z, good to hear from you again! Spring will come, honest! 8)

Carver
03-30-2011, 06:36 AM
Yup,,it's up and down here in Iowa too :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: