PDA

View Full Version : Back to the Lawn=COPPERS!

sniffy
03-28-2011, 04:40 PM
Got back to the colonial yard I found the Barber Quarter and thimble yesterday...This time the owner let the dog in and allowed me to do the opposite side of the house. Once again the wheaties started poppin like corn...but finnaly got a nice deep quarter signal and out pops this holed colonial. I'm pretty sure it's a KG of some sort, but both sides are smooth as a babies behind. So I covered my hole got up and swung maybe 10 ft and got another deepish copper signal.....5 inches down laid this 1856 Largie. (INCASED IN LIME GREEN). So i'm happy as can be now. The next hour was pretty frustrating, the side yard must have been where they threw the majority of their garbage....but inbetween the trash I squeeked out the 1890 Vnickle and 1907 IH. However, the highlight of the hunt was the last 10 minutes....I got a nice pulltab/screwcap signal that was 6+ inches....I dug several identical signals that produced trash....not this one...In the plug was a very nice Gold Ring with the homeowners last name engraved across the front. It was a Mason style ring and very thick, on the inside of the ring was the Great Grandfathers name engraved with the date 1876. A sliver of me wanted to just keep it but the better half directed me to the door and presented what I had found. The couple was overjoyed and very appreciative that I handed it over. My good deed for the day....Thanks for lookin.

del
03-28-2011, 04:48 PM
very productive site Jess congrats on the coppers , but dude you have to take pictures of these items you give away ....

[size=24pt]we want to see'em :beatdown: :beatdown:

sniffy
03-28-2011, 04:58 PM
I know I know, I'm gonna start carrying a camera with me while I hunt. I had to give the ring away, it had there name on it...and on the plack on the house has the same name. The man that lost the ring was buried maybe 300 ft from where I found it. Interesting family history goin on here at this farm. After talkin to them I also found out that it was a stop for the underground railroad to....so cool.

JTGOLD
03-28-2011, 05:25 PM
real nice finds and a good deed,wtg.

coinnut
03-28-2011, 06:25 PM
Nice going Jesse |:confused:) |:confused:) I bet you just help keep your invitation to hunt there alive lol You are golden now :clapping: You got some good coins out of there and you returned the favor by doing the right thing and returning that ring. The world is balanced again :cheesysmile:

zrickkid
03-28-2011, 08:05 PM
Way to go. I bet the owners will let you detect there any time because of that. Your kindness will be repayed in kind! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

pulltabsteve
03-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Sweet coins!!!! That smooth copper looks just like the 1 I found :cheesysmile: Super job on returning the ring!!!! :clapping:

jkress
03-28-2011, 09:31 PM
:shocked04: Nice to see you posting over here in Coinshooting. lol
Lots of nice keepers. :peace: Love that LC... I'm hoping to dig one this year.
A big congrats on the ring. I know the feeling, but at the end of the day you will sleep much better. I have given many items to home owners in appreciation for the opportunity.
Congrats on a great hunt.

milco
03-28-2011, 10:41 PM
Congrats on a fantastic hunt and a great site. Yes take the camera, sounds like a cool ring! I bet it felt good to give it back!!

Ill Digger
03-28-2011, 10:45 PM
:shocked04: Nice to see you posting over here in Coinshooting. lol
I noticed that too. :yes: lol

I'm not going to :beatdeadhorse: but come on man!! Pictures, pictures, pictures!! :drool:
But this picture is nice too!! lol
Great hunt with some awesome looking finds!! I bet the ring was nice looking too :poke: lol
Congrats :grin:

sniffy
03-29-2011, 04:03 AM
Nice going Jesse |:confused:) |:confused:) I bet you just help keep your invitation to hunt there alive lol You are golden now :clapping: You got some good coins out of there and you returned the favor by doing the right thing and returning that ring. The world is balanced again :cheesysmile:
the world is balanced again <}

sniffy
03-29-2011, 04:06 AM
Thanks for all the replies, I can't wait to get back to this place. I just hope the homeowner don't get pestered by me.

Carver
03-29-2011, 06:43 AM
Those are some sweet finds there Sniffy!!! Congrats!!

Evan/tn
03-29-2011, 08:23 AM
Yep it would be hard to give that ring away but you did the right thing....still wish you could have got a pic of it though. Congrats on a great hunt!

RobW
03-29-2011, 12:37 PM
Nice hunt...and sometimes doing the right thing......HURTS :angelic:

exsquid
03-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Agreed, you did the right thing...Got get a pic of it though...We're all dying to see it... lol

Very nice finds you have pulled from there! and the best may be yet to come thumbsup01

Epi-hunter
03-29-2011, 01:44 PM
Congratulations on the coppers! :clapping: You did the right thing with the ring. :)

mike l
03-29-2011, 02:23 PM
Awesome finds and you did the right thing by returning the ring. thumbsup01 The home owner will recommend you to the neighbors for sure! :peace:

russellt
03-29-2011, 07:57 PM
thats a fine hunt .. i could use a hunt like that