PDA

View Full Version : 3 HOUR CELLAR HOLE HUNT*1820 MATRON HEAD

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Mike(forino)picked me up at 11 am we hit the old hole that i pulled 5 coppers in the video last time there.I was determined to pull some downed branches out out of the way.the work paid off when i got a nice quarter reading where one of the large limbs once sat a 1820 matron head large cent.was only like 10 feet away from the pocket spill i found last hunt there.we quit at 1:30 pm.hopefully we can get back there again soon.
have a great weekend all!
dave

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-18-2009, 03:41 PM
more pics

coinnut
12-18-2009, 03:43 PM
That's not a copper!! It's a washer without the hole drilled. But I guess it can count since I think that makes 100 coppers between us?? Yes, no? :confused: Nice quick hunt. When you gonna start ripping trees out of the ground to find the rest of the hidden coppers? lol

John M
12-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Good thinking on moving the limbs out of the way.I don't know but maybe you should bring a bobcat along with you on your hunts to help with the larger trees.Nice keeper and most likely not the last coin from that site.

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-18-2009, 03:49 PM
That's not a copper!! It's a washer without the hole drilled. But I guess it can count since I think that makes 100 coppers between us?? Yes, no? :confused: Nice quick hunt. When you gonna start ripping trees out of the ground to find the rest of the hidden coppers? lol

LOL! :drool: not a bad idea G ya now how many coins maybe right under newer trees? :confused:
yeppers 100 now between us 3 screwballs :crazy: not a bad year huh?
hopefully we can pluck a few more in the next 2 weeks! thumbsup01
you guys going out tomorrow?me and mike are.gotta see if sniffy wants to hook up.
good luck if you guys go.sun may be snow so get it in while ya can :bop:

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-18-2009, 03:51 PM
Good thinking on moving the limbs out of the way.I don't know but maybe you should bring a bobcat along with you on your hunts to help with the larger trees.Nice keeper and most likely not the last coin from that site.

yeah i wish! a nice back hoe too would be awesome to dig out the dirt in the bottom of cellar hole :drool:

angellionel
12-18-2009, 04:03 PM
That place looks great Dave. I love detecting as such sites - it's quiet and peaceful, unlike the parks. :) Cool finds, and that's a very nice copper too. thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-18-2009, 04:10 PM
That place looks great Dave. I love detecting as such sites - it's quiet and peaceful, unlike the parks. :) Cool finds, and that's a very nice copper too. thumbsup01

exactly! couldn't have said it better angel! thumbsup01

del
12-18-2009, 04:23 PM
10 feet from the pocket spill :confused: amateur i thought you picked that area clean :beatdown: very sweet copper Dave , a 100 coppers between us is a milestone . congrats man.

When you gonna start ripping trees out of the ground to find the rest of the hidden coppers? lol

rofl rofl now don't start puttin ideas in the guy's head George lol lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-18-2009, 04:36 PM
10 feet from the pocket spill :confused: amateur i thought you picked that area clean :beatdown: very sweet copper Dave , a 100 coppers between us is a milestone . congrats man.

rofl rofl now don't start puttin ideas in the guy's head George lol lol

lol dan well there was a huge limb next to where i found the pocket spill.and i thought about moving it last time but was saving it for the next hunt.
the pocket spill was under another limb i moved last hunt there.i think if i pulled all 6 that day :ticked: them guys woulda strung me from my feet in the nearest tree and left me :bop:

Epi-hunter
12-18-2009, 05:47 PM
Great finds. I'm going to travel out there and hit some cellar holes. I love those kind of sites. I'll drag Angel along in case I get lost. lol

bmattioli
12-18-2009, 11:44 PM
Nice find before the snow hits Dave.. You did very well with the Big Coppers this year. Last year was your excavation finds and this year were your Copper finds. I think the parks are frozen but I'm going to try under the tree's tomorrow. Could be the last hunt for awhile.. Good luck Bro..

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-19-2009, 12:03 AM
Nice find before the snow hits Dave.. You did very well with the Big Coppers this year. Last year was your excavation finds and this year were your Copper finds. I think the parks are frozen but I'm going to try under the tree's tomorrow. Could be the last hunt for awhile.. Good luck Bro..

thanks bruce! yeah wide open grass areas your gonna have a tough time.maybe an inch or 2 of frost.under pine trees you'll have a easy time.idk about around oaks or maples in the grassy areas?ya may have to find a wooded area in the park with trees.as long as there is leaf cover you'll be good.good luck if you go. thumbsup01

RickO
12-19-2009, 12:44 PM
100 coppers for the year... awesome. Congratulations. RickO

MNDigger
12-19-2009, 04:50 PM
Congrats on the LC Dave! You don't have a lot of time left so I hope you get out give George and Dan a run for their money!

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-20-2009, 03:08 AM
Congrats on the LC Dave! You don't have a lot of time left so I hope you get out give George and Dan a run for their money!

thanks! i'm trying.todays hunt fell through and with the snow we are getting:huh:thinkingabout: this may be it. :crying02: it's been a good contest and any year following this years totals is gonna be tough to measure up to :twirlingeyes:
i think this contest gave me alot more drive to get out more and be competitive.and going up against 2 great guys and 2 extremely fine detectorists thumbsup01 with a wealth of knowledge on colonial era sites was certainly a pleasure :yes: