PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard

Epi-hunter
12-18-2009, 08:43 PM
Here is the weather report for my town in Kentucky for tonight. We have a 'severe weather advisory':

Two inches of snow paralyzes this town. :) Everyone was rushing to the stores to buy bread and milk and canned goods lol I'm sorry... having been born and raised in Iowa, this whole thing is still comical to me after two years here.

angellionel
12-18-2009, 09:02 PM
Here is the weather report for my town in Kentucky for tonight. We have a 'severe weather advisory':

Two inches of snow paralyzes this town. :) Everyone was rushing to the stores to buy bread and milk and canned goods lol I'm sorry... having been born and raised in Iowa, this whole thing is still comical to me after two years here.

lol lol

Two inches is a mere dusting to New Englanders. lol

Snowy
12-18-2009, 09:15 PM
That's just too funny! I'd like to see them live through a blizzard in Maine. Those are fun!
We used to have a toboggan and we'd slide down our road (we live at the top of a hill).
And you get around during the blizzard via snowmobile... it's the only time you can drive a snowmobile in the roads and cops don't bother you. :yes:

randy
12-18-2009, 09:57 PM
They are saying 6-14 inches for us, depending who you listen to. I guess my season is over.

Snowy
12-19-2009, 05:27 AM
I heard 2 feet for the D.C. area. I dunno, though.
I'll try to catch the weather at work today.
I'm hitting the store tonight and getting the pork butt and a couple big white onions... gonna bake some pork pies Sunday, so it can dump 3 feet of snow on us if it wants to (well... provided the snowblower gets fixed today! :yes: Darn thing broke down and the part came in yesterday).

Epi-hunter
12-19-2009, 12:45 PM
Well, we ended up getting about one inch of snow. I can see the grass through the snow. :) But it's a big deal around here. No one is venturing out lol I should go shopping... would be the perfect time to avoid the crowds. Except I hate shopping :rolleyes:

RickO
12-19-2009, 12:50 PM
Snowy... you just hit my hungry button. I have not had pork pies since I lived in Maine... many years ago. Love it hot with mustard... yuuuuuummmmmy.... dang, now I cannot get it out of my mind. Will have to find a recipe and try to make one. RickO

Snowy
12-19-2009, 01:40 PM
Rick, everyone makes them different. I'll see how mine come out and if Krom approves, I'll share the recipe here for ya. ;)

Epi-hunter
12-19-2009, 01:42 PM
All right, I'll ask... what is a pork pie? :cheesysmile:

randy
12-19-2009, 01:42 PM
5 inches already in PA, and the worst hasn't hit yet. Supposed to snow for at least another 12 hours.

coinnut
12-19-2009, 04:14 PM

lol Yep, when I lived is souther California, we would get a dusting. Cars piled up all over the freeway. Accidents everywhere. Total mayham rofl I share your humor, it is funny to watch. We are gonna get anywhere from 8-16. I'm done for the year!!

Snowy
12-19-2009, 07:53 PM
All right, I'll ask... what is a pork pie? :cheesysmile:

I'll answer but in a new string... don't want to take over this one...

del
12-20-2009, 11:53 AM
wow what a bust we only got about 4 inches here in Enfield , but it probably enough to end the year .

bmattioli
12-20-2009, 12:09 PM
Yea, we didn't get hit to hard maybe 6 inches but I think I'm all done for the year as well.. It will be the first Sunday since February that I have to sit it out..

angellionel
12-20-2009, 12:59 PM
I had been expecting much more than what we now have. Don't give up yet Bruce. Perhaps enough of the snow and ice will melt before the 31st for us to have another shot at some detecting. ;) Or maybe I'm just a tad nuts. :confused:

Epi-hunter
12-20-2009, 01:26 PM
We had an inch and a half overnight. No one is venturing out. lol

randy
12-20-2009, 05:14 PM
We got 11 inches. Philly itself got 22 or so. Bummer.

hoser
12-21-2009, 08:12 PM
In most places where there is not much snowfall and the driving gets rough people freak out. Here in Michigan when the roads get real bad and the car gets crazy we just say hold my beer and watch this :twirlingeyes: lol

BillZ
12-22-2009, 08:47 AM
We got close to 2 feet here in Maryland, just outside of DC. It's good the holidays are here to keep my mind off the fact that I can't detect for a while.

Calvin
12-22-2009, 06:51 PM
Another storm on it's way. This time in the midwest. Mpls is forecasted to get 10-20. Right now they have it tracking north and west of Mpls. If it comes through further south, then we'll get the most. It's supposed to start Thursday and keep right on through Christmas day.