PDA

View Full Version : 2009 in Review

z118
12-19-2009, 11:29 AM
Not really sure what I was doing, but I think I posted an album of my 2009 finds:

http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=album;id=24

I mostly just posted the good stuff, let me know if you want to see the junk - junk rings, tokens, keys, trinkets, boy scout stuff, foreign coins, etc.

2009 was my best year so far, mostly because I became almost unhealthily obsessed with swinging. I'm lucky I live in an area where I am forced by winter to take a break from detecting - otherwise it might be too much for the Mrs.

MNDigger
12-19-2009, 11:56 AM
You had an incredible year Z! Congrats on all the great looking jewelry and coin finds! BTW I hear ya about detecting all year round! I don't think my wife would be too thrilled either. ;)

OkieDigger
12-19-2009, 12:16 PM
Great stuff!

Epi-hunter
12-19-2009, 12:41 PM
You had an amazing year z! :shocked04: thumbsup01 I love the photos. Does that gold ring in the front say Nike?

z118
12-19-2009, 12:54 PM
You had an amazing year z! :shocked04: thumbsup01 I love the photos. Does that gold ring in the front say Nike?

Sure does. It's 10k. Nothing like shelling out the dough for a gold ring so you can wear the brand name of a shoe on your finger...

angellionel
12-19-2009, 01:29 PM
You have had an excellent year Z. That is a great variety of finds and an amazing amount of clad. Congrats!

randy
12-19-2009, 01:44 PM
Nice year! I'd be happy with 10% of that.

xzlr8n
12-19-2009, 02:05 PM
My wife calls it :ticked: - Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) ?? I call it fun thumbsup01!!!

I hope I can get to the point where I'm not checking forums 2-3 times a day, cursing the frozen ground and snow :crying02:, checking out new equipment and auctions everyday, looking at my finds incessantly, looking at every park and old house as a MD'ing place, asking every friend and new acquaintance I see with an old house permission to hunt their yard, wondering how deep is too deep for an E-trac or V3, on and on and on... OK, maybe I have a problem?? Just listed my DFX and some coils on eBay so as hard as it was I feel I'm making a step in the right direction toward normalcy (who needs 4 detectors anyway :grin:).

Nice finds by the way, looks like you had an awesome time hunting this year - Congrats!!

bmattioli
12-19-2009, 03:51 PM
I don't think my wife would be too thrilled either. ;)

This is one of a million reasons why I'm glad I never remarried. Great year Z. You did find some great stuff.. maybe we can hook-up next year.

coinnut
12-19-2009, 04:10 PM
Access DENIED!!! rofl I tried to view your albulm by the link provided, but I was denied :confused: :crying02: Glad you had a great year and I share your obsession thumbsup01 Time to hunker down and get ready for next year. Maybe I'll even clean the mud off of my machine for once lol

Jason in Enid
12-19-2009, 08:13 PM
That is an incredible year of hunting! You did really well.

I bet by giving one of those gold rings to your wife, and she won't mind you going out next year. thumbsup01

del
12-20-2009, 08:26 AM
2009 was my best year so far, mostly because I became almost unhealthily obsessed with swinging. I'm lucky I live in an area where I am forced by winter to take a break from detecting - otherwise it might be too much for the Mrs.

is there such a thing as unhealthily obsessed with swinging ;)

i would say that is a phenomial year of great finds , big congrats to you . hope you continue the success in the new year as well Z . :yes:

marchas45
12-22-2009, 12:50 PM
Boy Z you sure had one helluv a year, awesome looking finds. Congrats!! thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-23-2009, 12:27 PM
awesome stuff!!!!!! congrats on a spectacular year!