PDA

View Full Version : Holiday plans

Epi-hunter
12-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Just curious what everyone else is doing for the holidays.

This is the second year since becoming a single parent and juggling custody of my 15, 13, and 8 year old kids. So we have to share the holidays now and since I live here and the rest of my extended family still lives in Iowa, all I have is the kids. I get them at 11AM on Christmas eve day until 10PM, then the ex gets them through Christmas day. This is the first year I have ever been completely alone on Christmas day. I'm used to family all around... we used to have a houseful on Christmas day... I don't know what I'm going to do. :-\

On the bright side, I'm going to make Christmas dinner for the kids on Thursday, then we will do the customary Christmas things, and play some games, etc.

coinnut
12-19-2009, 04:17 PM
We dealt with the kid swap thing for years, but we always took the better days lol We're going to be on the go visiting both sides, but we usually leave some time for just us. Empty nest syndrome ;) Not too shabby rofl

Jason in Enid
12-19-2009, 06:31 PM
I'll be working, which is more the norm and than being home on the holidays.

Islandhunter
12-19-2009, 09:41 PM
I also do the kid swap...My kids are at their mother's Xmas eve and Christmas morning then they come racing over to my house for Christmas day...I keep telling them that they are lucky for they have 2 Christmas's... thumbsup01 Although I do miss out on seeing them first wake up and race out to see what Santa brought... :ticked:

Snowy
12-19-2009, 09:59 PM
What's wrong with splitting Christmas Day with the kids?
Just a thought... really none of my business, but it was a thought.

We're just the opposite this year.... usually it's just Krom, myself and our daughter.
He likes it that way, VERY much.
But this year it's my mom and her boyfriend coming over Christam Eve and spending the night.
She's already called me at least 7 times about how things are going to play out, and what time which event is gonna happen. We're setting up Miranda's Christmas present Christmas Eve.

Christmas Day my uncle and his wife will come over and we'll have a luncheon type thing with pork pie, finger rolls and some other stuff. Mom and her boyfriend will leave to visit his family, and my uncle and his wife will go back to their house for their turkey dinner.

It'll be different for us because of the added 4 family members, and I'm sure some stress on Joe, but we'll be fine.

My original thought was, Wouldn't it be nice to have a Mimosa in the mornin' ... go detecting on the beach and come home to some simple, cold meat pie and some egg nog.

But that image was thrown out the window.

(P.S. ~ I make my Mimosas different.... half Asti Spumanti and half orange juice in a champagne flute. Use a peeler to peel a section of orange rind, twist it, and pop it in the glass... ENJOY! ... BTW... kicks your butt the next morning if you've had a few the night before, so be careful)

Epi-hunter
12-19-2009, 10:24 PM
I guess I am the norm :)

Jason in Enid
12-20-2009, 12:15 PM
Epi, you can have my inlaws come to YOUR house. I would sure love to have a holiday without them for once!

Islandhunter
12-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Epi, you can have my inlaws come to YOUR house. I would sure love to have a holiday without them for once!

Hope for your sake they don;t read this forum.... lol

Epi-hunter
12-20-2009, 07:54 PM

Thanks, but no thanks lol The best part about divorce is losing the in-laws :shocked04:

Jack Flynn
12-20-2009, 08:31 PM
Epi I know just how things are all too well. For almost 32 years I worked either 12 hr nights or days on virtually every holiday. Our shift at that time would just hit on it. Divorced and would just do Christmas when I could. Usually the weekend before the big day. It really doesn't matter to the kids honestly. I just took advantage of the early Santa visit and the kids really anticipated that more than anything the two Christmas trees and two loads of gifts, Dads was first :tongue: I'm glad cause it peed off the BPRHB, that's my acronym for the X....use your imagination. Enjoy it for what it is and don't let it get you down one little bit. Heck grab the detector and come to Ga. and we'll go hunt my right now favorite spot! Sometimes things just don't seem right in the way they happen but I was taught early in my life to grab what you can and make the best of it. Most of all don't let it get to ya.

del
12-21-2009, 03:41 AM
i will have 11 days off and i'm going to drive my kids crazy :crazy: just for the fun of it lol lol and i'll enjoy every minute of it too. :grin: maybe when they get tire of me i'll relax and do some research and recon on some new sites for next year .

Calvin
12-21-2009, 01:47 PM
Epi I know just how things are all too well. For almost 32 years I worked either 12 hr nights or days on virtually every holiday. Our shift at that time would just hit on it. Divorced and would just do Christmas when I could. Usually the weekend before the big day. It really doesn't matter to the kids honestly. I just took advantage of the early Santa visit and the kids really anticipated that more than anything the two Christmas trees and two loads of gifts, Dads was first :tongue: I'm glad cause it peed off the BPRHB, that's my acronym for the X....use your imagination. Enjoy it for what it is and don't let it get you down one little bit. Heck grab the detector and come to Ga. and we'll go hunt my right now favorite spot! Sometimes things just don't seem right in the way they happen but I was taught early in my life to grab what you can and make the best of it. Most of all don't let it get to ya.

Let's see......&quot:beerbuddy:tongue:RHB.....Beautiful precious red haired babe:huh:thinkingabout: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hoser
12-21-2009, 08:07 PM
Its gonna be mama me and the cats for Christmas this year and thats ok. My kids live on either side of the US. One in Oregon and the other in NH. I would love to have the whole clan at home but that won't happen this year.

CyberSage
12-24-2009, 06:27 PM
I am at the In-Laws for a week visiting. :crazy: I have a bottle of 8 year old Rum and another bottle of Crown Royal. I will be drinking and behaving as best I can. :angelic: Merry Christmas.

Jack

Epi-hunter
12-24-2009, 06:31 PM
I am at the In-Laws for a week visiting. :crazy: I have a bottle of 8 year old Rum and another bottle of Crown Royal. I will be drinking and behaving as best I can. :angelic: Merry Christmas.

Jack

In-laws? For a week? :shocked04:

We need to send you some more bottles rofl