PDA

View Full Version : One more hunt, TWO more silver

Jason in Enid
12-19-2009, 08:08 PM
The weathermen were forecasting today would be a warm, beautiful, sunny day. LIARS! At noon it was still 36 degrees, dark and breezy. Since this may be my last chance to hunt before the the cold front and snow move in next week, I was determined to get out. I had to laugh when I went out becuase my son, who typically goes with me, ran to the door and yelled Good luck, I hope you find silver! It made me think about a recent thread about TH's having a niche.

Well, the sun did finally come out, and the temp came up into the 40s by the end of the day. I got about 3 hours of swinging in before I had to quit for the day. I wound up with one clad quarter, 10 dimes, 4 nickels, and some stinkin lincolns. I also found a nice little sterling ring at the beginning of the hunt, and a silver dime at the end. I had a really good feeling about the ring becuase it came in as a quarter at about 1 inch. I pinpointed with my X1, and stuck my metal probe straight down to mark the spot. Typically I feel the target when I do this, but when the probe suck down without contact my first thought Maybe a ring!!.

The dime was a 1950 S Rosie, although I didn't know until I got home. I started carrying a small container for silver, and I don't rub them in the field. I don't want to scratch a key date.

I will surely be back to this park (same ballfield I've been hunting lately) until I've covered it all. I know there is silver here, so I can't bring myself to hunt another place until I am sure I given it a full search.

Islandhunter
12-19-2009, 09:45 PM
Nice looking ring!!! thumbsup01

coinnut
12-19-2009, 11:46 PM
Double silver day!! thumbsup01 You got lucky to get out before any snow gets ya lol

Snowy
12-19-2009, 11:51 PM
All these sunny days worth detecting are the days I'm working. crying01
Besides... there's too much snow on the ground here to do any digging.
I can't wait until spring. I'm thinking of camping outr somewhere for a week on a special trail just to see what I can find. some silver would be nice... er... even an old button of some significance. I could never be so lucky.

Bentfork
12-20-2009, 12:54 AM
Nice going Jason. thumbsup01

del
12-20-2009, 08:30 AM
hope you get another chance to get out Jason , real nice looking ring and a rosie to boot , sweet :yes:

MNDigger
12-20-2009, 08:45 AM
Congrats on the silver! If that was my last hunt of the year I would be happy with that!

OkieDigger
12-20-2009, 10:37 AM
Great stuff Jason. The weather man did lie. Today looks great though.

bmattioli
12-20-2009, 10:56 AM
Wow, awesome finds.. I'd be quite thrilled with those two. Must have sounded o so sweet on your E-Trac.. Nice looking pics

angellionel
12-20-2009, 01:02 PM
That is a good looking ring. The tone on it must have been a very sweet one. Nice Rosie too!

marchas45
12-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Nice finds Jason, love the ring and I've seen that design before on some other forum.Congrats! thumbsup01