PDA

View Full Version : N.B. Forrest camp slow going

Civil War Nut
03-31-2011, 09:48 PM
Hidy to all, and hope yall finding more than I. Went back to the place I found the .57 cal. & 1808 to 1814 large cent. I found one more .69 cal. minie and some more buttons. Ant ever seen these kind eather maybe yall can shed some light on them. I was going to take a picture of the landscape I am hunting. I knew I would get to hunting and forget. I did get the out side diameter of the land I am hunting. Its 1.8 miles on the west side,, 1,1 miles north side,,1.6 miles oneast side & 1.5 miles on the south side,, so yall can figure out the acerage on that, I ant got time , I got finding where Forrest camped on my mind. And I dont think anyone will blame me for that, when it comes to N. B. Forrest. Will they Evan, Rebel,, CSA,, hotrod,, and all you C.W. HuntersSo here is todays finds ,, part of horse shoe,, buttons,, .31 cal. & .69 cal. minie,, and other stuff. Hope yall enjoy. Not much, but I am getting close.

tanacat
04-01-2011, 08:38 AM
:clapping: Hey that's some good stuff CWnut- I'd be ecstatic if I found a 3 ring minie :) All I found when I went over next to Perryville Battlefield was a couple buttons, musketball and buckshot.

Of course you're used to finding lots of good stuff- good luck on your next hunt! I love seeing your finds thumbsup01

coinnut
04-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Good looking relics thumbsup01 Nice looking buttons. The decorated raised one seems pretty old, maybe even 1800's -1830's as a rough guess. That is a lot of land to hunt. It will keep you busy for at least 100 years lol

Civil War Nut
04-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Good looking relics thumbsup01 Nice looking buttons. The decorated raised one seems pretty old, maybe even 1800's -1830's as a rough guess. That is a lot of land to hunt. It will keep you busy for at least 100 years lol
Hidy Cnut. It very well could be. I found it at the same place of the large cent . An old house place + next to an old road bed. I finely took some pic. of the place I am hunting today, will put them on next post.

Evan/tn
04-04-2011, 06:39 AM
You might be closing in on that camp,keep searching for it,the wife and I just did the Stones river battlefield tour yesterday,if anyone is in the area i suggest you check out the Stones river National battlefield.
Good luck finding the camp Earl,those are some nice relics so you must be getting close.