PDA

View Full Version : King Willian III Half Penny

lasercat
04-01-2011, 08:07 AM
This is my first Post here on this Forum. Last week I was having problems with my coin pouch zipper due to the muddy ground conditions of the spring thaw. I had a pretty good hunt because I found a silver Washington and a silver Roosevelt along with a token I could not identify in the field. Because of the sticking zipper I decided to leave the zipper open just enough to slip coins in so the mud wouldn’t damage the zipper any more. Well I ended up loosing the Roosevelt and the token.
I came up with a solution to the coin pouch problem. And promptly went back with the hopes of getting the dime back.
I back tracked my steps for a while then got side tracked and went to a different area. This spot was loaded with lots of signals and the machine was going nuts jumping all over. I did manage one repeatable target an it was a good one. A King William III Halfpenny. I found this in a very well hunted campground as this was my 26th time there.

tanacat
04-01-2011, 08:31 AM
Welcome to the forum from Kentucky! :) Bummer on losing your coins :bangahead01:

I'm sure you'll be back there again after finding the half penny (and hopefully find them)
Looks like you won't be losing anymore with that contraption! lol

aloldstuff
04-01-2011, 09:01 AM
Nice hunt, sorry about the lost coins. at least you know the area where to look.

JTGOLD
04-01-2011, 09:13 AM
konw the feeling on the lost coins,been there done that,sorry for your loss.

coinnut
04-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Great looking colonial coin :shocked04: Not many that old found where I come from that you can ID. lol I've lost a couple of thing over the years too :confused: I'm sure someone here can verify that rofl Nice hunt and I hope you find the other targets...they should scream being right on top

del
04-01-2011, 01:26 PM
hello Lasercat , welcome to the forum ;) glad you join us here . the William halfpenny is a oldie for sure , welcome to the 1600's club . don't feel bad about the dime i'm sure you'll recover it soon .

Dan

RobW
04-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Nice find...

As far as the dime...at least you know the places isn't hunted out..... lol

Salty Dog
04-01-2011, 01:51 PM
Welcome from Ohio,that old copper is awsome :smitten:,looks to be in good shape as they go...keep the finds coming and post often,Dave

pulltabsteve
04-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Nice half penny :happydance01: Keep searching. You'll find the token and Rosie again :yes:

sniffy
04-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Welcome! A King William of any variety is high on my list! Awesome job finding that baby!

russellt
04-01-2011, 04:44 PM
that is an awesome find... superb old coppah.. spend some cald and get a new pouch my man

Ill Digger
04-01-2011, 05:32 PM
First off ....Welcome to the forum from the corn fields of Illinois! :grin:
Sweet old find!! I hope some day I'm lucky enough to find a coin that old :drool:
Congrats :grin:

jkress
04-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Welcome to the forum lasercat. Glad you decided to join us here. :clapping:

Wow!! The King William is an incredible find. Congrats.
Bummer about the dime and token. :angry: But I think it was a good trade off to hit the half penny. :yes:
Maybe you can re-find those items on your next trip there.

Epi-hunter
04-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Welcome to the forum!!

Very very nice find :happydance01: and I think we have (unfortunately) all been in the position of having lost finds before. Keep looking; you may find them. :)

odave
04-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Welcome aboard Lasercat thumbsup01
Yep ,I think we've all lost finds ...

lasercat
04-03-2011, 07:32 AM
Thanks all for welcoming me to the forum.